What's new

Greater Anglia Trains ban ecigs

All this proves to me is that this company are not concerned about public health, it is more to do with the company image and public perception.
I also find it interesting that they include NICOTINE INHALERS which would include the NRT device which is a prescribable product.

I had to go to Aberystwyth yesterday for a job interview. Our local bus company does allow vaping - in fact a lot of the drivers and the owner of the company use PVs, on the other hand Arriva doesn't allow them :(

The job was with the council, and I was surprised to find that it's okay to use PVs in the posh new council offices including in the lobby.

Unfortunately I didn't get the job :(

I had to go to Aberystwyth yesterday for a job interview. Our local bus company does allow vaping - in fact a lot of the drivers and the owner of the company use PVs, on the other hand Arriva doesn't allow them :(

The job was with the council, and I was surprised to find that it's okay to use PVs in the posh new council offices including in the lobby.

Unfortunately I didn't get the job :(

The local council here has banned them in all council ran buildings (and taxis) and have a task force going to local businesses (from what I hear) encouraging them to ban their use as well, basically telling them theyre "smoking" and reminding them of the anti smoking laws.

Arriva doesnt allow them here but Hattons does and I have seen a few mersey travel bus drivers using them.

The local council here has banned them in all council ran buildings (and taxis) and have a task force going to local businesses (from what I hear) encouraging them to ban their use as well, basically telling them theyre "smoking" and reminding them of the anti smoking laws.

Arriva doesnt allow them here but Hattons does and I have seen a few mersey travel bus drivers using them.
Task force going to local businesses!?!? Ffs! What is WITH these people! I would like to think it is sheer ignorance but I fear something more sinister is being disseminated centrally from our masters and overlords ...who we elect...and advised by those we don't.

vape.jpg

Companies everywhere are now trying to police e-cigs because they have become so commonplace, and are using the excuse that they can't be distinguished from cigarettes - but are missing the obvious point that, as they become more commonplace, it is increasingly LESS likely that anyone will mistake them for a real cigarette.

I doubt many people are ignorant of the e-cig now, so if they see a plume of vapour indoors, they are much more likely to think "there goes one of those e-thingies" than think that someone's blatantly flouting the smoking laws.

The cig-a-likes are rolled out in the media so much because they support the (usually) anti-e-cig message they're trying to push - yes, from a distance, a cigalike does what it says on the tin - but these have been superseded by the tank systems, and most people who persevere with the e-cig move to these pretty quickly.

Another issue is how impossible these unnecessary bans are to enforce - a stealthy vape would be very hard to spot, and it's not like they have the tell-tale lingering smoke to give us away.

I'm hoping someone will quickly develop a battery with a replaceable pen on the end - not only will I be able to fill in my crosswords on my travels without needing an extra tool, but when I stealth-vape, I'll just look like I'm thoughtfully sucking on the end of my pen! (make the drip tip end look like a pen cap, and we've got 'em completely fooled!)

The more I see of these 'screw the facts, we need to control the public' bannings, the more miltant I feel.

I've always advocated respecting the rules set by the owners of an establishment, but it's becoming clear that the vested interests and those with an agenda (such as the ardent anti smoking health nazis) are just steam rollering over the truth without giving a feck... just as long as their own agendas are served.

Given the results of that recent report that says vaping holds no risk for bystanders, my conscience is clear, and as such, I wonder if it's time for mass civil disobedience when it comes to vaping?

Vape where and when you like in the knowledge that you aren't hurting anyone and if anyone objects, then tell em to get fecked?

Radical switch of stance for me, but the more I see, the more I believe that direct contravention is the only thing that will stop these bullshit bans.. they obviously don't want to listen to reason do they?

Its almost like there trying to bring in a ban in a sneaky way and if this keeps up, we will find ourselves backed into a corner by just pure ignorance and misinformation
:3dmad:

I had a loooong conversation with the gur in charge of the bar at NTFC today as I arrived just as the security were asking him if vaping was allowed. He said a catagoric "No", telling them that it was too easy to confuse them with fags.

I popped out my Vamo/Evod and pipe/T2 filled with blue Smurfberry. "Do these look like cigarettes?"

Humming and spluttering he told me it was because the smoke was the same. Refused to accept that it was not smoke, not even when I vaped and asked him to smell it or try it.

Some people simply refuse to accept fact when it slaps them in the face because they hate to look weak and asking them to challenge their preconceptions demand they do just that.

Didn't stop me vaping in the ground during the match though.

I had a loooong conversation with the gur in charge of the bar at NTFC today as I arrived just as the security were asking him if vaping was allowed. He said a catagoric "No", telling them that it was too easy to confuse them with fags.

I popped out my Vamo/Evod and pipe/T2 filled with blue Smurfberry. "Do these look like cigarettes?"

Humming and spluttering he told me it was because the smoke was the same. Refused to accept that it was not smoke, not even when I vaped and asked him to smell it or try it.

Some people simply refuse to accept fact when it slaps them in the face because they hate to look weak and asking them to challenge their preconceptions demand they do just that.

Didn't stop me vaping in the ground during the match though.

Just the typical sheeple reaction. He has been assimilated lol

Back
Top Bottom