What's new

Greater Anglia Trains ban ecigs

Katherine Devlin went right back at this guy when he thought he had a one up! Go on lady!

Im so tired of hearing how "stupid the people" are too. Seriously if anyone who smokes thinks a Provari looks like a cig, theyre either blind... or of lesser intelligence of the general public!

Katherine Devlin went right back at this guy when he thought he had a one up! Go on lady!

Im so tired of hearing how "stupid the people" are too. Seriously if anyone who smokes thinks a Provari looks like a cig, theyre either blind... or of lesser intelligence of the general public!

Initially I thought the news guy was being a tool, but to be fair, he was providing a counter argument covering concerns that people have, and let Catherine Devlin reply quite generously, and awesomely. She did very well, and with what looked like a vapefest edition touchwood to boot.

Found the video at last

Cheers, Mark.

What a superb spread of time 2'37" for the banning/regualtion of eCigs and 3'55'' of powerful support for vaping...and within that banning/regulation section there were comments about its stupidity.

Seriously good performance by Katherine D at handling the curve balls being sent her way too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to Penzance in a week's time using First Great Western so I called their customer services yesterday and was told, by someone obviously working from an Indian call centre, that there was no ban in their trains.

However, the lady with whom I spoke had obviously not had the question fielded at her before as she had to put me on hold while she asked someone else so that didn't inspire me with confidence.

I then sent their Customer Services and email asking for written verification - mostly so that I could print it out and have something to show to any over-zealous guard or railway employee.

Dear FGW Customer Services,
I will be travelling on your excellent trains in a few week's time and am happy to say that I've just been told by one of your service agents that there is at present no ban on the use of electronic cigarettes either in your trains or on your platforms.
Some train companies have, unfairly I believe and possibly unlawfully, banned their use and I am happy to hear that common sense prevails where FGW are concerned.
I would be grateful if you would please verify your policy in writing and by email so that I have no cause for concern when I travel?
Many thanks.
Kind regards.

That was yesterday and I've not yet had a reply (no doubt because it's the weekend).

I'll post any reply when it comes and let everyone know how I get on when I travel.

London midland trains seem fine with it. In fact I noticed on the train there was a poster for (I think) sky cigs saying that they could be bought at wh smiths at various stations. Well done them :)

London Underground have just banned their STAFF from using them as they 'look like real cigarettes'

Transport For London staff have been banned from using electronic cigarettes at work because they are too realistic.

And customers may also be forbidden to “smoke” them in future, bosses at TfL say.

In an email to staff, the organisation writes: “E-cigarettes and nicotine inhalers are extremely difficult to differentiate from real cigarettes, therefore if someone uses an e-cigarette or nicotine inhaler in the workplace it might look like they are smoking a real cigarette.

“This is not the image we want to portray to customers and colleagues.”

Jill Collis, London Underground’s director of health, safety and environment said: “Smoking isn’t allowed on any part of the Tube network. Our staff are also not allowed to use electronic cigarettes whilst working. Those who wish to do so can smoke these during their breaks.

“We are currently looking at the issues around the use of electronic cigarettes by customers.”

Analysts predict the global market for e-cigarettes will expand from $2 billion to $3 billion (£1.3 billion to £1.9 billion) this year.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ube-commuters-could-face-ban-too-8751512.html

Thats the same Bull sh*t that Whitherspoons came out with.....staff not being able to tell the difference!!!!

Screaming kids, troublesome children don't know about anyone else but these two things alone raise my stress levels high,,, THE BMA said that stress is one of the biggest killers as it leads to heart problems........ If a parent/guardian has a child causing these problems, will the government place a ban on the parent/guardian.. ie: no sex, to be sterilised or will sex be taxed because we enjoy it.

In other words the folk shouting for the ban are doing it out of ignorance and spouting bull****

Back
Top Bottom