What's new

Have a field day with this one!

I ain't buying no more cakes then. I just got this from a cake makers supply shop "MPG MONO PROPYLENE GLYCOL PHARMA GRADE BETTER THAN FOOD GRADE 99% + " and there's not a hint of blue in it.

Propylene Glycol IS used as an antifreeze in a number of applications where low toxicity is a requisite - LINK.

It looks as though the author has an axe to grind with the lady who is the subject of the article as she opposed the used of PG in vaccines for human use and then endorsed e-cigarette products containing the same chemical, rather than us lovely, sweet-smelling, harm-reducing vapers. :grin2:

I know it's used In or as an Anti Freeze Agent but people associate Anti Freeze with the stuff you put in your radiator and what ass hats of the vilest nature dip in dog treats to poison the neighbors dog...its just that its not that stuff, its a component and more often than not, not singular to just being PG

Sorry. If they post it I just went off on one in the comments bit only had 2 characters left time i'd done. ps. this should be in the dailymail thread sorry.

Last edited:
I know it's used In or as an Anti Freeze Agent but people associate Anti Freeze with the stuff you put in your radiator and what ass hats of the vilest nature dip in dog treats to poison the neighbors dog...its just that its not that stuff, its a component and more often than not, not singular to just being PG

My apologies KMS - I interpreted the first post as "PG is not an antifreeze" - but we appear to agree - it is used as an antifreeze, just not the "make you blind", "kill your dog", "dissolve your liver and kidneys" type.:friends:

Salt's an anti-freeze!

Lots of things lower the freezing point of liquids, it doesn't mean they're all poisonous - what's depressing is that people, with a bit of media encouragement, take this crap and regurgitate it. It can be hard to counter if you're not fully up to speed on the latest pile of steaming bullshit that's doing the rounds.

If someone had said to me today - "you know, those things have anti-freeze in them", I wouldn't have had my argument prepared.

It's the same with the "they have carcinogens in them" or "they've found side effects" - without the facts (the carcinogens are in trace quantities and the most common side effect is a simple sore throat), it can be hard to fight the misinformed irrationality. I could do with the exact figures of carcinogens/other "bad" contents v the fags committed to memory to throw back at people when they do this.

beads.jpg

Back
Top Bottom