What's new

Have i Developed PG allergy

So you've not had a pee or poo in those 2 hours and therefore not washed your hands, however you have been to the kitchen, grabbed a glass of water and probably inhaled whatever is in the air from the kitchen.

Yes, it's possible to develop allergies / reactions, even when things have been fine before.
Lol
Yes I had to pee and yes washed my hands but just under warm water,no poop
There is nothing to inhale, just air,and my throat always feels calmer for around 2 hrs from waking,then it starts to feel a bit tight,now before you say it it's nothing to do with a gas boiler as I don't have gas,only electric,there is nothing I do in the first couple of hrs that interacts with me other than vape,then I jump in the shower and yes I use shower gell,which I have changed many times to eliminate that,but at the point of getting in the shower my cough has started,if there was anything in the air in my home I would wake up coughing which I don't

Just going to put this out there, its the start of hayfever season. It affects not just my nose and eyes, but my lungs aswell. I carry my ventolin inhaler with me cos of this, sometimes i need a skooch on it if i'm out and about and my chest starts to feel wheezy.

Its not down to the vape, been like this for years (oddly, the vape doesn't set off my asthma), and as already mentioned, people develop allergies all the time.

I'm not a medical expert, but try an anti-histamine for a few days. Speak to a pharmacist and they should be able to recommend one that won't interfere with any medication you are currently taking.

Just going to put this out there, its the start of hayfever season. It affects not just my nose and eyes, but my lungs aswell. I carry my ventolin inhaler with me cos of this, sometimes i need a skooch on it if i'm out and about and my chest starts to feel wheezy.

Its not down to the vape, been like this for years (oddly, the vape doesn't set off my asthma), and as already mentioned, people develop allergies all the time.

I'm not a medical expert, but try an anti-histamine for a few days. Speak to a pharmacist and they should be able to recommend one that won't interfere with any medication you are currently taking.
That was the first thing my doctors tried for me when it started 8 months ago,I tried several different antihistamines and they didn't change anything unfortunately, plus this tickly cough has been in full swing since last July through to the winter and till now,so don't think it's that bud,but I do appreciate your input and idea,I still feel its something to do with vape as iv spent 8 months taking and changing many things out of my life,and no changes,
The fist 2 hrs or so from waking I do not cough,but vape,then after around 2 hrs I start coughing,it has to be something to do with vape as the timing of it all points to vape,I just don't know what part iv had many different flavours etc,different nic,but no change so I'm only left with pg/vg flavours
So iv just ordered 70/30 but no flavour,I will vape that for a few days see what happens,vaping first with nic then without nic,then if it still continues 100% VG with then without nic buy then I would have striped the whole vaping down into small pieces,so if it is vaping I should know by then I hope
I have a appointment with the hospital this Monday,they are going to be doing tests on my lungs etc and talking about it all,they may well offer something eles to try,

i agree with @Miss Pepper . there are potentially many things that could be factors. when you get up, where do you spend the two hours? there could be allergens in that room that you’ve not identified. any house plants in there, for example? anything that might harbour mould or dampness?

That was the first thing my doctors tried for me when it started 8 months ago,I tried several different antihistamines and they didn't change anything unfortunately, plus this tickly cough has been in full swing since last July through to the winter and till now,so don't think it's that bud,but I do appreciate your input and idea,I still feel its something to do with vape as iv spent 8 months taking and changing many things out of my life,and no changes,
The fist 2 hrs or so from waking I do not cough,but vape,then after around 2 hrs I start coughing,it has to be something to do with vape as the timing of it all points to vape,I just don't know what part iv had many different flavours etc,different nic,but no change so I'm only left with pg/vg flavours
So iv just ordered 70/30 but no flavour,I will vape that for a few days see what happens,vaping first with nic then without nic,then if it still continues 100% VG with then without nic buy then I would have striped the whole vaping down into small pieces,so if it is vaping I should know by then I hope
I have a appointment with the hospital this Monday,they are going to be doing tests on my lungs etc and talking about it all,they may well offer something eles to try,
I developed a nickel , pg allergy over time. .

could be ni80 causing an issue try kanthal or ss316 metal.
Also found that flavours i vapes 2 years ago sweet , citrus I can’t vape anymore due to sweeteners added.

try some diy juice. I use 10% cap custard v1 (pg) 2mg nic and the rest vg to minimise pg use. And ss316 coils. All in an rdta .

Types of cotton can play a part also. Some manufacturers use bleach etc to whiten and purify the cotton, I use labbo puff pads, cheap and natural ish.

but it could be non vape related. Stress , anxiety, allergies, illness etc

i agree with @Miss Pepper . there are potentially many things that could be factors. when you get up, where do you spend the two hours? there could be allergens in that room that you’ve not identified. any house plants in there, for example? anything that might harbour mould or dampness?
Well I'm a clean freak,I'm very fussy ,to fussy people say,my home is clean of mould etc,I don't have house plants and have minimal furnishings, and no dampness,,I hoover daily and because I'm.a bit OCD I cleaned and wipe every surface a few times a week,I know this sounds like I have a answer for everything,but it's a fact,I have looked into every thing possible before thinking it may be vape, iv changed my shower gell ,toothpaste, and gone to bottled water to eliminate tap water,had days with zero body sprays etc,
And right now as we speak my coughing has just started,2 hrs since waking up,it's really bizarre it seems this ways daily,,,I wake I vape 2 hrs later I start coughing,I have looked into anything I do in those 2 hrs of being up,and all there is is I pee ,vape breakfast then jump in the shower which by then I'm already coughing,not really anything else, I wonder if it just takes a couple of hrs of vaping before I get this cough,if it is the vape

I developed a nickel , pg allergy over time. .

could be ni80 causing an issue try kanthal or ss316 metal.
Also found that flavours i vapes 2 years ago sweet , citrus I can’t vape anymore due to sweeteners added.

try some diy juice. I use 10% cap custard v1 (pg) 2mg nic and the rest vg to minimise pg use. And ss316 coils. All in an rdta .

Types of cotton can play a part also. Some manufacturers use bleach etc to whiten and purify the cotton, I use labbo puff pads, cheap and natural ish.

but it could be non vape related. Stress , anxiety, allergies, illness etc
Thanks for the advice
As iv said,I have tried different coils in fact many different types,and they made no change 4 different types of wicks

As I type this,my coughing has started,around 2 hrs after waking ,when I said I was going to smoke tobacco, I don't mean go back on it,I could never go back to that,
What I'm saying is if I go on tobacco for 3 days and don't cough
I know it's vaping
If I do cough
It's not vape

How about get up and don't vape all day, see how you are.
Next day get up and vape vg / nicotine only and see how that compares.

You've said you're a clean freak, what products do you have in the house and use? It's possible to overdo it, wipe out germs and have no immunity if they're in the house / outside.

Back
Top Bottom