What's new

Have i Developed PG allergy

gregcool

Postman
Hi guys,for the last 8 months I've had a cough,a dry tickle scratch kind of cough goes on through the day on and off,and worse when I lay in my bed on my front iv seen doctors tried lots of meds etc nothing has changed ,it can happen from 2 times a hr to several,my throat feels fine,and then without warning I get a tickle at the back of my throat,which sends me into a cough,
IV BEEN usining a RDA for last 3 years and this problem started out of the blue 8 months ago and sometimes I don't have a cough for a couple of random days,and then it just comes back ,iv tried a ton of different juices different vendors ,and no change iv tried many different coils,no change iv lowered my Watts no change,iv just used my mates RTA to see if it was maybe spit back from my RDA
Iv been on the RTA 3 days,and still I cough
Is it possible I have developed a allergy to PG
I have read one possible symptom is a dry cough,
Has anyone got any advice or experiance,iv been a vape for 6 years now and my next test is to vape pure 100% VG no flavour,and if I still cough I can't see anything else vape related I can try that I havnt already done
So will be left to buy tobacco and smoke for about 4 days to see if I still have this cough if I don't I know for sure its something with the vape but will have no idea what,as I would have changed and tried everything
Has anyone had this,developed a PG allergy after vaping for a long time,
Any ideas guys,cos I can't live with a constant cough and not being able to fall to sleep because I keep coughing
Not knowing what this is for the last 8 months is really doing my head in
Many thanks

If it's stopping you sleeping then your doctor needs to try harder to help imo.
I'd make another appointment and ask for a second opinion if he/she is still at a loss as to what's wrong.

Are you drinking enough water?
Have you read up side effects of any meds you're taking?
Have you eliminated food / liquids to see if that's causing the issue?
Have you tried vaping pure VG, with / without nicotine to see if there's any difference?

Unfortunately it's not a case of trying something for 5 minutes to see if it makes a difference as you need to have a the previous thing out your system.

As said on all your other threads it is trial and error to work out what's causing it and speaking with your doctor.

If it's stopping you sleeping then your doctor needs to try harder to help imo.
I'd make another appointment and ask for a second opinion if he/she is still at a loss as to what's wrong.
Iv spoke to several different doctors,they were all very helpful, iv been on various inhalers and different medicines but none helped
I do have a appointment next Monday with the respiratory department at the hospital so if that all goes well with no problems,I'm stumped

Iv spoke to several different doctors,they were all very helpful, iv been on various inhalers and different medicines but none helped
I do have a appointment next Monday with the respiratory department at the hospital so if that all goes well with no problems,I'm stumped
It is their job to find out what's wrong and they will if you keep pushing them to do so.
Good luck with the appointment.

Are you drinking enough water?
Have you read up side effects of any meds you're taking?
Have you eliminated food / liquids to see if that's causing the issue?
Have you tried vaping pure VG, with / without nicotine to see if there's any difference?

Unfortunately it's not a case of trying something for 5 minutes to see if it makes a difference as you need to have a the previous thing out your system.

As said on all your other threads it is trial and error to work out what's causing it and speaking with your doctor.
Hi thanks for your time
Yes the first things I did was look into my food products,cut out all dairy,changed my usual foods but no change as for water I drink about 7 pints every day and have dine for years I actually enjoy water,so that's never been a problem for me,all the changes I have tried iv given each one at least a week to see how things go and can't pin down any changes
As I said in my post my next thing is to vape just VG that's next on the to try list
I'm only on 2 meds which iv been on for 15 years and I really don't think it will be those

Ingredients change over time as do side effects as knowledge increases over time. Never assume anything is still fine.

It's all fair and good cutting something out for 7 days, but you need to be on a plain food / water diet before introducing one thing, stopping that for a bit and introducing something else.

On top of that there's things in the air we breathe and use on a daily, including soap, toothpaste, deodorant etc.

Another alternative is ask your Dr to refer you for an allergy scratch test.

If you revert to smoking, you're suddenly adding a further 4000 chemicals and undoing everything by not smoking. You're better off not smoking or vaping and going cold turkey or getting NRT from the chemist.

have you tried removing flavours for a while to see if it helps?
Ho there
That is my next step,to just vape 100% VG no flavours at all
I guess I wondered if a person can develop a PG allergy over time,
When I wake in the morning I don't cough for about 2 hrs ,and in that 2 hrs I'm vaping, and then just after 2 hrs my cough starts to kick in,and this is why I feel its more likley something to do with vaping
Also in those 2 hrs I havnt eaten or drank anything other than water,havnt had a shower at that point not used soap,shower gell etc
Only vape has come near my system

So you've not had a pee or poo in those 2 hours and therefore not washed your hands, however you have been to the kitchen, grabbed a glass of water and probably inhaled whatever is in the air from the kitchen.

Yes, it's possible to develop allergies / reactions, even when things have been fine before.

Back
Top Bottom