What's new

Hello everyone

VapeS1000r

Postman
Was encouraged to post a intro. Great idea.

I'm in the UAE & we don't have places with sellers that are knowledgeable. So I'm restricted to e-learning.

A friend picked us up a kanger subox & the (horrid imo) sub tank starter kit a year ago.
It was fun but had issues. Either it got too hot or the thing leaked. Couldn't easily find disposable coils locally, so after running out of coils and juice (sadly the former came before the latter haha) we just put it aside the past 9 months.
Then last month he was abroad and brought back the newer ssocc coils & and a toptank. The ssocc coils were much improved.
Then around the same time I bumped info someone with a proper system. Some joytech mod & a smok tank. He urged me to try it. Wow. What a difference.

That's how I fell down the rabbit hole. Or you know, lunged myself into it.

A little about myself. I'm 34 in a few months. An accountant by profession but a dive shop owner if ever get the chance. I do dive though. I've got 230 logged dives and a certified PADI Rescue Diver. Yes, accounting is boring. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise haha.

I'm married a decade this year. And I blame my sprouting white hairs on our 6 year old twins and little 3 year old. :p

Something I'm proud of? I've lost 30kg (66 lbs) since February of 2015 through exercise and ketosis. Fortunately I am 186cm (6'1) and all that fat never showed too much haha.

I like to fly drones (multi rotors) and race RC cars.
I do have intermediate knowledge on watts, bolts and amps. Ohms & coils just don't come into play much in the RC world. But I understand wear an ohm is. Just need to learn the relation better ohms, coils & batteries to vape safely.

So, that brief vape experience got me into researching online.
I'm obviously still learning and will continue to do so for a long time. But in the meantime I looked up which mods to get and which vape style.

I understand and appreciate the craft behind juice recipes. And the skill that goes into getting the blend 'just right'.
Right now I'm enjoying some (expired lol) Almond Pear by Ripe Vapes. It's like artisansal marzipan. No toothache.
Another really good blend is beard's raspberry & hibiscus. We drink hibiscus tea here. The hibiscus is the beard juice is so life like.
I'm certainly going to reach out to these artists with praise. They deserve to know people recognize their skill.

So I started reading about rba vs rda vs rdta.
RDTAs seemed like the best compromise between cloud/flavor and convenience.

So I picked up an RX200S, an avocado 24 & limitless plus. A Nitecore d4 charger and 3 efest 3,000 mAh 35A batteries. I realize that efest are overrated and not the best. Im trying to source Sonys.LGs or Samsungs locally.
Did a single coil build in the guacamole and dual in the limitless.

I spent the first first ten days :
- dry burn coils everyday
- rewick cotton everyday
- changed coils on both atomizers after a week

Lots of trial & error. I'm trying to indulge in every aspect of the vape experience.

I think success should be acknowledged not when you get something right the first time. I think success should be celebrated when you've managed to remedy something you didn't get right the first time. I think that illustrates the building of experience. A few times I had to play around with the wick because I developed dead spots or the coil had dead spots too.

I gave away my avocado yesterday. I just did not have luck with it. Either the juice burned my throat (regardless of how I wicked it or wattage used). No matter. Gave it to my friend and picked up another limitless plus. The limitless plus is a joy to build and use. I have no complaints.

I also picked up a Tsunami 24 yesterday. Another joy & pleasure to use - albeit the thing getting scorching hot.

What I want at this point is to enjoy good flavor and good clouds. I don't see myself immersing in those technical/advanced coil builds. I think Claptons or Fused Clapton coils are the best balance between performance and convenience?
So far I have been skimming 48w on my RX200s on wattage mode.
I have a little carrying case that holds a mod and about 3 atomizers. I like to carry that with me in my car on a daily basis and have 3 different flavors going.
I want to do this on a mature system. Based on my research the rx200s is a good mod. Is it the best? Probably not. Does it for work for me now? Yes. Will I upgrade? Maybe.

Thanks for reading everyone!

wow that was quite a comprehensive intro post.
Well done.

Hello & welcome to the planet.

You seem to be doing well given the local situation regarding vaping.

You have come to the right place for any help you need.

Enjoy.

Welcome new Ape! That's by far the most comprehensive intro ever!
Loads of very knowledgeable people here, so any questions you have, can be answered mainly.
Looks like you've got a good start on it all, enjoy the site!

Good intro!
What restrictions are there in UAE on importing vape equipment for personal use?
Does it depend where items are shipped from?
A lot of love on here for Chinese re-sellers like Fast Tech, Gear Best, Cigabuy but maybe they don't ship to where you are or import tax hits you hard?

Vaping is not illegal here. Its just not yet regulated.
Importing is completely fine.

I purchase things from the US all the time.

attachment.php
upload_2016-5-23_20-44-52-gif.91600
Hello @VapeS1000r ,nice to meet you Mate!!!

halloooooo again :hello:

hopefully you've got the idea of what we're about here - we either just talk utter rubbish at each or we pick each other's brains...... and we can usually tell the difference between the two.;)
welcome aboard our strange little planet of obsessives, extroverts and oddities; whether you ask a question looking for opinions or facts, somebody will be happy to give some input.
Have fun

Agreed, good intro!! Welcome along and hopefully all your questions will be answered. Good to see some more international members so we get a fuller view of vaping experience from around the world

Back
Top Bottom