What's new

Hellvape Destiny stopped working properly on any mod.

do you use the same coils in other atties? if so i wonder if that would rule out @Simon G ’s idea?

yeah good thinking .. same coil, same mod ... see if it happens then.

As a side note, I really hate mods that do this, I used to have one (I forget what it was now) and it was always springing the 'new coil?' shit on me ... it seemed to happen every time it went to sleep, which was why I asked if the mods were the same brand.

Right, if it reads the resistance correct every time and as long as you keep vaping all is well then I'm gonna stick my neck out and say there's probably nothing wrong with the Hellvape.

You say it happens on all your mods? ... are they different brands with different boards?

I wonder how much resistance change is enough to trigger the 'new coil?' screen.... Nichrome is pretty stable, so it is a bit odd.

Yep, different brands, Smoant, Geekvape and a noname cheap mod, all other tanks, Digiflavour, Geekvape, and the Hellvape all with the same wire in and work perfect(apart from the hellvape)

I have some other wire, fused clapton 26/32. want me to do a build with that and test for a while and get back to you, Simon?

Yep, different brands, Smoant, Geekvape and a noname cheap mod, all other tanks, Digiflavour, Geekvape, and the Hellvape all with the same wire in and work perfect(apart from the hellvape)

I have some other wire, fused clapton 26/32. want me to do a build with that and test for a while and get back to you, Simon?

try everything, I'm just grabbing at straws really. ;) :D

that’s really strange, then. it might be worth testing with other wire, to rule that out. have you always used the same wire with it? when it did this new out the box, for example?

I wonder whether it would be stable or leaping around if you put it on a dna for a while as that shows the ohm reading all the time.... or just put it on any mod that doesn't do the new coil thing.

that’s really strange, then. it might be worth testing with other wire, to rule that out. have you always used the same wire with it? when it did this new out the box, for example?

Yep, always the same wire, 3.5 coil.

Just tried it out with a slightly smaller coil 3mm and with different wire, early signs were good but it just done it now, twat!

Thanks anyway @Simon G , @zouzounaki and @fil

Back
Top Bottom