What's new

Hellvape Destiny stopped working properly on any mod.

Kevstar

Staff member
My Hellvape Destiny has stopped working properly regardless of the mod its on. What's happening is that when you put it on a mod the mod checks for a new coil like it should. press the fire button and it works for as many puffs as you choose, But, when you put it down for a period it checks for a new coil again and this is all the time.

Tried several new builds and the same happens, took the tank completely apart and rebuilt and its just the same when reassembled and cleaned and tightened the 510 pin.

Its getting progressively worse, any savvy apes encountered this and maybe have a solution?

:)

assuming you have cleaned the 510 threads and bottom +ve pin well..

I suspect, tho cannot assert for sure that the deck/base assembly has either suffered from a bit of juice ingress or been slightly separated.. Not pulled my destiny apart but have had similar issues with other tanks,

if screwed together unscrewing fully cleaning and reassembling would be a good idea, if a push fit, an alcohol rinse and a re press in a soft jawed vice may reconnect ??

mine isnt at hand so am shooting from recall and web pics atm..

Thanks for the reply, I should have elaborated, Completely taken apart , cleaned and reassembled :)

edit: perhaps should add that it did it straight out the box but then never did it again until recently

Have you overscrewed the +ve bottom pin, just grabbed mine and the +ve pin stands significantly proud of the thread base with the isolating seal visible..

a multimeter set to continuity may reveal which pole is the trouble, test the 510 thread to the -ve post, and +ve pin to the +ve post and IF? one presents a crackling sparse tone instead of a steady tone, it would indicate that there is a problem with that connection between the 510 and post.. Highly likely to be the +ve i suspect.

might not be the seal visible.. bad eyes here,(cataracts ) but the screw slot is above the thread base..

I haven't got digital multi meter set after a google. and I've tried various levels of tightness to no avail :(

when it checks for a new coil does it read the resistance right?

have you just started using stainless steel? maybe it thinks it's a new coil when it's cooled down and the resistance has dropped back down?

Yep, it reads the resistance correctly, I'm using Clapton nichrome80 26/36. I think you are onto something though because after the initial checking for the coil you can vape it for a period, then put it down for a bit then it starts again, it did do it twice when it was out of the box but then not at all until recently.

Yep, it reads the resistance correctly, I'm using Clapton nichrome80 26/36. I think you are onto something though because after the initial checking for the coil you can vape it for a period, then put it down for a bit then it starts again, it did do it twice when it was out of the box but then not at all until recently.

Right, if it reads the resistance correct every time and as long as you keep vaping all is well then I'm gonna stick my neck out and say there's probably nothing wrong with the Hellvape.

You say it happens on all your mods? ... are they different brands with different boards?

I wonder how much resistance change is enough to trigger the 'new coil?' screen.... Nichrome is pretty stable, so it is a bit odd.

Back
Top Bottom