What's new

Help the USA save vaping flavours

Signed your petition, I don't think losing vape flavours would be all that big of a deal though you could just make your own??? Would actually probably be very good for the DIY community having that many people experimenting... Although I guess not at all convenient.

With all respect, people my mother's age are not going to start making their own e-liquids and neither do many others want to start either, it would destroy hundreds of manufacturers, shops and vaping related businesses.

You have to look at the bigger picture, it's a massive deal.

With all respect, people my mother's age are not going to start making their own e-liquids and neither do many others want to start either, it would destroy hundreds of manufacturers, shops and vaping related businesses.

You have to look at the bigger picture, it's a massive deal.

Ah I meant to also say they could do a 'shortfill' kinda job like they did in the EU with the 10ml nicotine bottles? I totally agree with you that it's harmful to the industry and it's not convenient but there will be a way around this particular problem. The real problem is the one that comes after this when they will force all the companies to register as tobacco companies as they will try to make the process as long and difficult as they can for them.

Last edited:
Ah I meant to also say they could do a 'shortfill' kinda job like they did in the EU with the 10ml nicotine bottles? I totally agree with you that it's harmful to the industry and it's not convenient but there will be a way around this particular problem. The real problem is the one that comes after this when they will force all the companies to register as tobacco companies as they will try to make the process as long and difficult as they can for them.

From what I gather the shortfill type option won't be there.

The way it appears, the stance on "e-liquid" doesn't take into account whether it contains nicotine or not.

Anything sold as e-liquid (any liquid intended for use in electronic cigarettes, whether in bottles or prefilled pods) is included.

The only thing that's apparently going to be allowed (subject to pmta, which only iqos has managed to get so far with hundreds of juice applications being unilaterally denied) is tobacco flavour and possibly menthol. No mention of unflavoured juice at all, but as it's not tobacco (/menthol) flavoured I would expect it to be included...

So zero nic bottles are out, nic shots are out (unless approved tobacco flavours) - bang goes the shortfill idea.

We have them here due to tpd, but that wasn't intended as a flavour restriction regulation so the whole thing is different.

Even full on DIY will be more difficult - you might be able to obtain VG and PG being labeled for other purposes, and food flavourings - but what about liquid nicotine? There might be a loophole right now but be sure that'll get closed in short order if this goes through.

Worrying now - inconvenient soon - black market after... And we know how that goes.

As an aside, there are reports of people stockpiling in the wake of this news - the Washington Examiner even states that some people have stockpiled as much as 400 millilitres of liquid.

400ml stockpile?

Under half a litre?

That's not a stockpile ;)

Back
Top Bottom