What's new

Help with 100% VG ejuice

as the others have said, you need a subohm tank for high VG and a dripper for 100% VG.

To use on a 1.8ohm coil with no PG, you would need to thin it down with distilled water or mix with AG (aqueous glycerine, where VG comes premixed with distilled water). 10% distilled water should give a similar consistency as a 50:50 PG:VG juice.

Best use distilled water and not tap water as the minerals/chemicals in ordinary water can potentially be harmful when vaped.

Thanks akira

If I get AG do I just add my nicotine and flavouring and that's it? Sorry to be dumb but haven't heard of it before but sounds a good solution. Can't sub ohm as it really kills my lungs.

Thanks akira

If I get AG do I just add my nicotine and flavouring and that's it? Sorry to be dumb but haven't heard of it before but sounds a good solution. Can't sub ohm as it really kills my lungs.

you can treat AG as plain VG, it's just pre-watered down. Or you could use plain VG and include up to 10% water in your mix to the same effect. Adding the water yourself instead of buying AG would give you more flexibility on how thick you want the final juice

There was a long and inconclusive discussion about this the other day.

I saw the thread but it was quite far on by the time I got to it, so I didn't really want to stir things up again as it was winding down. I work in the field of water treatment and risk management so I could go into some detail on water safety but how applicable things are when crossed over into vaping makes the details a little cloudy.

Without going into too much detail, what's safe to drink doesn't necessarily mean it's safe to vaporise and inhale. Also, just because the coil is at 480F or so, doesn't mean the vape is also at that temperature. Larger droplets are likely to be carried off in the airflow before reaching disinfecting temperatures, an example being spitback. When in such close proximity to your inhalation zone (and not far away like hot rocks in a sauna), any potentially infected droplets are likely to be inhaled. That said, the water would have to be very heavily contaminated or the user extremely unlucky to get sick from it. Personally, I would say it's safe to use tap water but considering a litre of lab grade distilled water is around £1 from amazon, is it worth the risk?

I saw the thread but it was quite far on by the time I got to it, so I didn't really want to stir things up again as it was winding down. I work in the field of water treatment and risk management so I could go into some detail on water safety but how applicable things are when crossed over into vaping makes the details a little cloudy.

Without going into too much detail, what's safe to drink doesn't necessarily mean it's safe to vaporise and inhale. Also, just because the coil is at 480F or so, doesn't mean the vape is also at that temperature. Larger droplets are likely to be carried off in the airflow before reaching disinfecting temperatures, an example being spitback. When in such close proximity to your inhalation zone (and not far away like hot rocks in a sauna), any potentially infected droplets are likely to be inhaled. That said, the water would have to be very heavily contaminated or the user extremely unlucky to get sick from it. Personally, I would say it's safe to use tap water but considering a litre of lab grade distilled water is around £1 from amazon, is it worth the risk?

Cheers for this, an opinion from somebody who knows about this stuff is appreciated. I wouldn’t vape tap water except in a pinch, but then I wouldn't add any water as I usually use 50/50 anyway.

Thanks for your reply akira.

The mix I made seems to be working well at the moment with all 3 of my vapes. Not much flavour though at the moment but will stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom