What's new

Here We Go!!! Charity Raffle 2017

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guys and Gals :2thumbsup:

As most of you already know, I run a Charity Raffle every year on the POTV Forum to raise money for a chosen beneficiary. This year, we are supporting The East Anglian Children’s Hospice movement https://www.each.org.uk/the-nook . They are a tremendous organisation that have offered incredible support to Children and their families through the most difficult of times. They are now having a purpose built property constructed to take the level of care on offer to an even higher standard.

The Raffle takes the form of Donated Items from the members and from our Vendors. In the recent events we have had sufficient items donated to make up Bundles of goods, usually containing a Mod, a few Atties, Batteries and some Liquid. In the last event, we had 52 Prize Bundles!!!

Then, on the appointed day The Raffle starts with a suggested donation of £5 per entry. This will go on throughout September, Starting on the 2nd and finishing at 10pm on the 29th when the Sales will Close. We then announce the Winners on Saturday 30th.

Last year (2016) we ran 2 such events. One was in aid of “Rethink”, a smaller Mental Health Organisation, for whom we raised £1300. The second one was for Macmillan (Cancer Support) and we raised a whopping £3434.

I wondered whether you would be able to support us this year? Whether by donating items such as Mods. Atties, Batteries, Liquid, Drip Tips, or anything Vape Related, or making a financial donation? We appreciate anything and everything that people offer to help this cause.

I will add, that for me personally, this Raffle will be rather special as it will be the last one that I will be organising and running. I have a new Team who will be learning the ropes by assisting me this time and then will be taking over from me for all future events. Sadly, my health has impacted on how much time I can give to projects such as this and it’s time for me to make way for others. My one desire is to make this our biggest, best Fund Raiser and to hopefully raise as large amount of money as is possible.

Anything that you feel able to do in supporting us will be greatly appreciated.

Yours

Rob and The POTV Team.

Last edited:
If you can PM me a picture of whatever item/s you can donate, along with a brief description, that would be marvellous. Then once the Raffle has been drawn, we will contact you with the winner of your item/s' name and address for shipping. Doing things this way, saves on double handling and extra postage costs. :)

Good to hear you donated money to rethink, all the best with this raffle too :D

I'll have a look in the box at home, definitely have a few things to donate [emoji106]

i better have a dig in the vape cupborde and see what i can find :2thumbsup:

Also got a few bits I've been saving for the big raffle. I'll get some info over to you @Rob before the weekend

Got at least one thing saved this, can't wait to see how it all goes

I've been waiting a year to say this.....

If you are donating something to the raffle, please make sure it's new or as new (ie clean and excellent condition) it's not the time to be off loading your junk.

Last year the RDA that I won arrived stinking of custard (and still had actual liquid inside it) and the mod was DOA. I threw the whole lot in the bin. ... it's for charity so I didn't make a fuss or call anyone out, but lets not do that please.

I really do wish you had told me about this @simong :(
But this IS the case, PLEASE People, IF you are donating items, look at them long and hard, then decide whether YOU would be happy if you had won the item.:)

So as clean as is possible. Obviously, we don't expect things to be NEW unless you have stated this at the outset, but CLEANED and as near to A1 condition as possible PLEASE:2thumbsup:

I really do wish you had told me about this @simong :(
But this IS the case, PLEASE People, IF you are donating items, look at them long and hard, then decide whether YOU would be happy if you had won the item.:)

So as clean as is possible. Obviously, we don't expect things to be NEW unless you have stated this at the outset, but CLEANED and as near to A1 condition as possible PLEASE:2thumbsup:

Nah, it's fine Rob ... there was no need to say anything, it would have just started a shitstorm and that's not what a charity raffle should be about.

Back
Top Bottom