Votes: 7 15.6%
  • i want to look like boris i have a blue one

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • the damage and fear of the mask thing has been badly done

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • my banana has no mask

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters
The part about then relooking at guidelines as they're not being adhered to was said during a q&a session.

What programme was that ? I will see if I can get it on catch up / on demand, being an avid pub goer.

My locals all have all of the same staff, I can't speak for every single pub but every one where I live all have the same staff.

Most of the staff so far in my pubs are the same, does not mean they were furloughed though. Tell you what, I get on very well with two of the barmaids in the pub I am going to tomorrow, so I will ask them, pretty sure I know what their answer will be though. :)

I have no doubt that the supermarkets and off sales sold more during lockdown. I know I bought a load more but there's no way the increase there was equivalent to what pubs would have paid in that time.

It wasn't simply more, it was 50% more, there were shortages in the shops. as they could not get enough from the brewers. Notice that the major breweries have not been saying how badly they have been doing.

What programme was that ? I will see if I can get it on catch up / on demand, being an avid pub goer.

Most of the staff so far in my pubs are the same, does not mean they were furloughed though. Tell you what, I get on very well with two of the barmaids in the pub I am going to tomorrow, so I will ask them, pretty sure I know what their answer will be though. :)

It wasn't simply more, it was 50% more, there were shortages in the shops. as they could not get enough from the brewers. Notice that the major breweries have not been saying how badly they have been doing.

Not sure where you are or if you'll get it but it was on politics scotland on Tuesday or Wednesday on bbc1 or sky 115.

All the people I know who work in wetherspoons were furloughed. I worked in one about 12 years ago and still speak to a few people who work for them regularly and they furloughed the same as any other employer.

Supermarkets and off licenses may have 50% more but that's not going to be equal to what pubs would have paid and opening them will still have had the money they bring in to the economy taking in to account.

the guardian article posted above, itself, even confirms wetherspoons staff were furloughed. they weren’t all sacked.

the scandal was that martin refused to pay them any wages in the period between pubs being closed and the furlough scheme starting.

wetherspoons didn’t sack their staff. they furloughed them.

Last edited:
the article posted above, itself, even confirms wetherspoons staff were furloughed.

the scandal was that martin refused to pay them any wages in the period between pubs being closed and the furlough scheme starting.

wetherspoons didn’t sack their staff. they furloughed them.

He was a complete tit for the way he handled that though! :18: They are a massive employer though and I'm sure their furloughed staff will have been a huge cost in the furlough scheme where getting all them back to work was part of their decision making in opening them.

I was surprised to see how many people were at the snooker on BBC2, a few had masks on but the majority appeared not to.

Just been to aldi. Most people are wearing masks but social distancing is out of the window [emoji34]
It seems most people think that if you have a mask on you don't have to stay away from each other. [emoji35]
And people wonder why all my shopping is home delivery.
Mick, take a big stick with you, and jab the fuckers with it if they get near you.
Tossers.
Wait till second wave
Rant over

And people wonder why all my shopping is home delivery.
Mick, take a big stick with you, and jab the fuckers with it if they get near you.
Tossers.
Wait till second wave
Rant over
I feel like doing exactly that Jon. Or next time I might just start coughing. See if that makes them back off.

Back
Top Bottom