What's new

How long does your device last ??

In all my time vaping I've only had one device die on me without much use, an old VAMO V1 lol. Back then I had VAMO V2's, eGo Bamboo's, Innokin MVP and SVD's, SMOK SID's and Siglei ZMAX 3's., X2 of each.

I still use the same personal concept with mods now as I did back then. I have a large collection of mods and keep an atty, tank or dripper installed on each to save the wear and tear of constantly screwing and unscrewing tanks or drippers onto the mods. In that regard, 510's last infinitely longer. Yes I do swap out atty's on them, but obviously nowhere near as often as a single mod with multi tanks , etc.

It also spreads the use load across multiple mods, rather than one or two doing everything and wearing at an advanced rate. Expensive up front, but they then last years, not months :).

Works for me. My last collection of mods served for approx 3 years. They all still work, just woefully underpowered and dated by modern standards. Current collection hasn't come cheap obviously, but they should now last 3 or 4 years or more as well now :). A single mod used for everything can take a battering in every regard ;). Some mods stand up better to that than others of course. Sometimes it can be better to buy slightly older tech that's been tried and tested by hundreds of thousands of vapers to know how well they last than rushing out to buy a brand new model just released ;).
Had to check and see if my old Vamo v1 still worked after reading this....
image.jpg

and it does, must be about 3 years old. Can't bring myself to get rid for some reason.
Got it maxed out at 15watts, lol.

never had one fail yet.
istick30, 40, 50 all roughly 18 months old and still holding a full charge.
istick60, 100 roughly a year old and the same but they take 18650's

My first Coolfire 4 has died today. It wont take a charge and just stays on the red light. I bought it at last Year's Vape Expo in Brum, so just over a year. Oh, and the 510 thread has gone on my very first Istick 20 so that lasted a good 2 years.

Had to check and see if my old Vamo v1 still worked after reading this....
View attachment 104203
and it does, must be about 3 years old. Can't bring myself to get rid for some reason.
Got it maxed out at 15watts, lol.

Lol, good old VAMO's. Solid wee mods :). You could even stack 18350's or remove a section of the tube to get it smaller too ;). I kinda miss the tube mods in a way, but with the power requirements for more modern tanks and builds, had to upgrade all the old kit. Mine are approx 3 1/2 years okd. They did really well. Used daily for 3 years :). Mine are back in the boxes and will shove them in the attic lol. Cant bring myself to get rid either lol ;).

The joys of using a good quality mech but I have to mention 2 others I've had and they was second hand. An mpv2 I give to a guy a work 2 year ago that he still uses now and my Sigelei 50w I gave away coz a guy had his mod nicked. That mod I've dropped so many times even twice it fell out of my coat pocket while on a mountain bike and it still fucking worked

@laco I've had 4 Vamo's and all have had the same problem reading low ohm I use to get sick of fixing them. I still have 2 or 3 boards somewhere

Forgot about my MVP2. Just checked and yep it's still going strong after nearly 3 years.

@laco I've had 4 Vamo's and all have had the same problem reading low ohm I use to get sick of fixing them. I still have 2 or 3 boards somewhere
Lol, this was the only one I had, moved onto mechs and drippers quickly after this.
Don't think it fires anything under 1.3ohms, I thought this was amazing at the time, was my first mod.

The joys of using a good quality mech but I have to mention 2 others I've had and they was second hand. An mpv2 I give to a guy a work 2 year ago that he still uses now and my Sigelei 50w I gave away coz a guy had his mod nicked. That mod I've dropped so many times even twice it fell out of my coat pocket while on a mountain bike and it still fucking worked

I had an mvp3 pro, the thing was indestructible. All the bottom was so scuffed it could scratch you if you ran your fingers across it, it had a bath once or twice and the little fucker still lived on. Quality mods

Now there's a thought , my 1st almighty vamo v5 died due to the threads stripping after 6 months

Cloupor mini 30w then eventually took 20 seconds to fire after pressing the button and was retired after 4 months

Next up was the istick 40w tc which had a dodgy fire button after about 3 weeks.

My evic vtc mini and tugboat box mod have been now going strong without incident for 9+ months, the batts ar LG hg2 and don't appear to be wavering either :-) and those both are used and abused daily.

Back
Top Bottom