What's new

How to list on ebay???

Mbsun

Postman
How the hell do you do it? I know its possible, I have bought things on there!

I have listed under "collectibles shisha etc" rather than "e cigs" as I know that's a way round it, but still no- against tobacco policy, even "general items" and still the same!

Is ebay picking up my title? How can I avoid "dovpo" or "topside" and still get the right buyer to find it???

I know you will say list on here, I have, but the gear I am listing is nothing special.
This forum (generalising here) seems to be a few "vape nuts" with serious knowledge giving advice, and a few like me seeking it! The classified doesn't appear to be particularly "hot", in other hobbies I had like reefkeeping, the sales was silly, nice stuff would be snapped up seconds after listing (I suppose it helps that fish and coral is easy to kill though), so no other outlet was needed, even though plenty did on ebay. And that was a niche hobby, millions do this.
I know there are buyers out there, perhaps someone needs to spend £12 on a new squonk and sees value in spending a bit more on 2 and a mod (like I did).

Frustrating, when you have some stuff of use sat in a cupboard unused

To be honest I've never had problems selling stuff through the classified section on here that wasn't caused by a shit courier service. I'm sure others can chip in to speak to the relative price you can sell for here and on ebay, I just don't sell there.

Don't get me wrong, its not a gripe about the classified on here, far from it!

More that its a slightly small market on here, and in the case of some of the stuff I wish to remove from my cupboard (shite probably), there appears not to be a buyer.
Asking price I would hope if anything I list is too high, somebody may make a reasonable offer.

For example I have an oumier bulk rdta that was acquired as part of a job lot, Its basically new looking, box and everything, probably had a build out of the free coils. Clearly nobody wants it on the classified on here, I have no real idea of what it's worth if its any good whatsoever, I would probably just stick it on ebay with a start of a couple of quid plus post and see what if anything happens.

eBay is really frustrating. I had stuff on there for sale with bids on. On the 7th and final day, about an hour before the auction was going to close they suddenly shut it down and closed the auction. I've tried a few different ways but it's the same each time. No idea how to get round it so hopefully someone will chip in with the magic formula. The stuff I'd put on eBay would be stuff I wouldn't be comfortable selling through the classies on here as I respect the members of this forum but there are numerous numpties out there bidding away on absolute garbage on eBay and if they want my garbage then I'd only be too happy to pass it on to them.

You could offer it as a job lot in the classies, I `m sure there must be vapers on here who know of someone looking to quit or early on in the vaping journey who would be happy to spend a couple of quid to get started.

Which if understand correctly means I must be a permitted business seller?

Just an idea; See if it has legs; Run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.......

Find a friendly POTV member who could legitimately set themselves up as a permitted business seller and get them to list the items, with a %age take?p for their troubles?

But the classes on here are easier.

Or there’s Gumtree. Some folk on there look to be moving stuff on at fairly silly money.

You could offer it as a job lot in the classies, I `m sure there must be vapers on here who know of someone looking to quit or early on in the vaping journey who would be happy to spend a couple of quid to get started.

I get your thinking, but doubt it would work as my items are a rebuildable, a mod that needs attis with a squonk pin, and a mech

Just an idea; See if it has legs; Run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.......

Find a friendly POTV member who could legitimately set themselves up as a permitted business seller and get them to list the items, with a %age take?p for their troubles?

But the classes on here are easier.

Or there’s Gumtree. Some folk on there look to be moving stuff on at fairly silly money.

Lol, been a while since I heard that expression

Back
Top Bottom