What's new

Independent (bleurg) - ecig use on the rise in teenagers …

I hear you - i get your opinion. I hear it i do. You may have a point.

For me personally though, I can see no positives (my opinion)

we were getting people off the fags perfectly well in the shop with simple inexpensive non disposable POD systems, the easier to switch argument doesn't really wash with me, through experience. Tho that line gets used on us all the time by distros trying to flog us them.

I have been chatting to a couple of shop owners recently who are taking the same stance and offering reusable alternatives instead and not stocking them, i think this is a positive stwp.

I just dont personally see a place for single use plastics anymore, in areas where there are alternatives, given what we know about the environmental damage caused by single use items.

this sort of change has to start somewhere.

someone (an old user on here actually) - whos not been around for years described them to me on the phone the other day as “environmentally violent”, which i thought was a great description.

i feel the same about fake plastic grass and flowers as well, if it helps, especially so actually as we need more real vegetation - not plastic replacements.

That coupled with the litter and blatant teenage vaping, i honestly think they are the most industry damaging thing to have come out in vaping history.

My company would undoubtably be in a much better and far less tenuous position as a company than we are now if we sold them. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

As far as the site goes, i dont think we need to show a balanced outlook on them, positive info about them is available literally everywhere, they are emblazoned on everything. And this is a hobbyists site more than anything.

if you take all the info thats out there selling them as a good thing, then view out one little corner of the web saying - hang on, these are freaking awful because this.

that kind of is balanced in terms of info available to everyone.

I get you're point... convenience and less faff will always be mass market though theses days....think ready meals... robots , machines in industry..readily accepted these days with little to no concern re the environment.

Last edited:
The streets here in Aberdeen are literally paved with disposables and their packaging these days, and it's mostly kids that are dropping them. Glasgow is the same. When I was there last month you couldn't walk more than a few meters in the city centre without seeing some evidence of them being discarded.

That being said, I'd still rather my kids used them than ciggies (I'd obviously rather they did neither). I do have one daughter that vapes, but she's using my old Aegis Solo and Kylin M Pro as I don't like pods either to be honest, at least not the ones where you have to throw away the whole plastic pod and enclosed coil.

Interestingly I was watching a recent Vaping101 live stream and Andy was saying they do want to recycle them, and would even consider a money off scheme... but the council offer no way to do it. Our local council are a horrible mix of corrupt and useless though, as I'm sure are most others.

The Lost Vape Orion got it perfect, small, rechargeable, option to buy the pods that you can just throw away the coil and reuse the pod, love mine. Even does TC via Replay.

@Rickster

you realise the ban is on advertising them on here ? Not talking about them right?

its on vendors advertising them.

Two things I see as a positive outcome to this is....Teenage drug and smoking is in decline.

Also @Innokin have brought out a recyclable disposable the Lota Enviro. Definately a step in the right direction.

Isn't this what we all wanted in the first place, smoking to decline and vaping to rise. I get all the crap going on with disposables but it IS still vaping and if my experience is anything to go on a lot of disposable vapers will switch to the more acceptable and a damm sight more environmentally friendly and cheaper alternative....the more conventional pod/mod setup.

Which was happening with normal PODS anyway ...

I don't think anyone wanted to see the streets littered with discarded boxes and vapes and kids walking home from school with Bright pink vapes in their gobs .. no. I'ts negative coverage waiting to happen.

I don't think anyone wanted the possible fallout from the above either.

One of the main problems I can see is the drive to make these the mainstream.

as an afterthought on a counter for when someones forgot something yeah .. but these are being sold by the thousands on a daily basis as the main product.

there is very little attempt to get people to swap.

and on that point .. our drive has been to convert people from smokers, not put another layer of conversion in between.

Last edited:
Restrict the sale of disposables to vape outlets where age verification is required and easier to police. Kids are picking these up in corner shops who have scant regard for age checking and no morals over selling non TPD compliant gear. And bin the bright colours, it's like walking on a rainbow carpet round here.

Restrict the sale of disposables to vape outlets where age verification is required and easier to police. Kids are picking these up in corner shops who have scant regard for age checking and no morals over selling non TPD compliant gear. And bin the bright colours, it's like walking on a rainbow carpet round here.
same here

Back
Top Bottom