What's new

Independent (bleurg) - ecig use on the rise in teenagers …

From the same article.......

Teenagers’ drug and cigarette use declines as vaping gains popularity – figures

“But while further action on vaping is needed, it is still only a small minority of children vaping and it is encouraging to see that the NHS Digital survey finds youth smoking has continued to decline, as smoking is far more harmful than vaping.”

a shot in the dark here that will most probably get shot down but as things slowly get out of control the main worry is nicotine in under age teens especially the illegal vapes with 50mg or the fakes with god knows what in them.
so no matter what anyone does it wont get any easier to stop them. teens rebel and the more they get told not to do it the more they will. just like me as an 11 year old when i had my first cig.

so question, how bad is vg,pg,and flavour to a teen. if vapes were released especially for teens with zero nicotine could this solve the problem or would this just be classed as a gateway to use nicotine further down the road. or would they soon catch on and want the nic hit like the rest of us.
sadly its a rabbit hole that only looks like its going to get worse and in the long run it will be the adult vapours who are trying to stop smoking that will suffer from all the restrictions they will most prob bring in to try to combat it.

a shot in the dark here that will most probably get shot down but as things slowly get out of control the main worry is nicotine in under age teens especially the illegal vapes with 50mg or the fakes with god knows what in them.
so no matter what anyone does it wont get any easier to stop them. teens rebel and the more they get told not to do it the more they will. just like me as an 11 year old when i had my first cig.

so question, how bad is vg,pg,and flavour to a teen. if vapes were released especially for teens with zero nicotine could this solve the problem or would this just be classed as a gateway to use nicotine further down the road. or would they soon catch on and want the nic hit like the rest of us.
sadly its a rabbit hole that only looks like its going to get worse and in the long run it will be the adult vapours who are trying to stop smoking that will suffer from all the restrictions they will most prob bring in to try to combat it.

Lots of assumptions there....the adult smoker didn't IMO suffer from teenagers smoking.....it did in fact prob lead to better regulations, plain packaging, hidden displays n the like........which is all good IMO if the same thing happens in vaping Im good with that.

From the same article.......

Teenagers’ drug and cigarette use declines as vaping gains popularity – figures

“But while further action on vaping is needed, it is still only a small minority of children vaping and it is encouraging to see that the NHS Digital survey finds youth smoking has continued to decline, as smoking is far more harmful than vaping.”
Yeah i see the postives in it as well - it may be area dependant

around here its really REALLY evident, and littery

I hear you..... all I have really seen round my way is the empty cardboard packaging

Also for clarity

i dont really give a shit about yoot vaping, they do what they do, i care about the ease they can now get it / and how the antis will use that.

Also for clarity

i dont really give a shit about yoot vaping, they do what they do, i care about the ease they can now get it / and how the antis will use that.

If though in time if it's proven that disposables get folks off the fags, then they will be here to stay, granted with hopefully better restrictions...of enforcement of sale outlets.
I also would have thought that POTV would have been in a great position to collate the positive and negatives of disposables and perhaps have some influence on the future of these products rather than adopting a ban stance, where members are telling people there is no elf in here.
All I seem to see is negative posts of teens using disposables.....but if no positives of adults using them are allowed....then to my mind this is bias and unhelpful to the industry as a whole.

If though in time if it's proven that disposables get folks off the fags, then they will be here to stay, granted with hopefully better restrictions...of enforcement of sale outlets.
I also would have thought that POTV would have been in a great position to collate the positive and negatives of disposables and perhaps have some influence on the future of these products rather than adopting a ban stance, where members are telling people there is no elf in here.
All I seem to see is negative posts of teens using disposables.....but if no positives of adults using them are allowed....then to my mind this is bias and unhelpful to the industry as a whole.
I hear you - i get your opinion. I hear it i do. You may have a point.

For me personally though, I can see no positives (my opinion)

we were getting people off the fags perfectly well in the shop with simple inexpensive non disposable POD systems, the easier to switch argument doesn't really wash with me, through experience. Tho that line gets used on us all the time by distros trying to flog us them.

I have been chatting to a couple of shop owners recently who are taking the same stance and offering reusable alternatives instead and not stocking them, i think this is a positive stwp.

I just dont personally see a place for single use plastics anymore, in areas where there are alternatives, given what we know about the environmental damage caused by single use items.

this sort of change has to start somewhere.

someone (an old user on here actually) - whos not been around for years described them to me on the phone the other day as “environmentally violent”, which i thought was a great description.

i feel the same about fake plastic grass and flowers as well, if it helps, especially so actually as we need more real vegetation - not plastic replacements.

That coupled with the litter and blatant teenage vaping, i honestly think they are the most industry damaging thing to have come out in vaping history.

My company would undoubtably be in a much better and far less tenuous position as a company than we are now if we sold them. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

As far as the site goes, i dont think we need to show a balanced outlook on them, positive info about them is available literally everywhere, they are emblazoned on everything. And this is a hobbyists site more than anything.

if you take all the info thats out there selling them as a good thing, then view our one little corner of the web saying - hang on, these are freaking awful because this.

that kind of is balanced in terms of info available to everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom