What's new

Ministers urged to ban single-use vapes amid rising popularity with UK children - The Guardian

Comparing disposables to mobiles and remote controls is pretty silly and cost wise disposables are more expensive. I'm not a fan of them but I suppose the issue is to what extent do smokers use disposables to give up smoking, aka facts as opposed to hype.

I'm sure there are tonnes of reasons why this could mean this or be the first step to that etc but at the end of the day in a climate where we are looking at reducing carbon footprints and making a change for the better they were a dumb idea in the first place

And yes I'm biased, ofc I am. Disposables although convenient make a mockery of craft liquids.

this is an interesting thread from skimming through it the general feeling is to ban disposables

but wait hang on just step back for a minute

ignore all the hype in the media you are a smoker what would you prefer, a simple device that gets you off smoking or a tank a mod a juice with no idea how to use the item you purchased

we had the chance years ago to bring to the market devices that could be on prescription or handed to the smoker at a quit clinic but the eye was taken off the ball and now we have loads of cheap nasty disposables so the answer is to ban all of them because of the kids.

that all being said what is replacing them that a smoker can use?

sweden uses snus and vapes they are the leader in Europe with the lowest smoking rates all down to education knowledge

.. in a climate where we are looking at reducing carbon footprints and making a change for the better they were a dumb idea in the first place...

I agree with you.. I have never used (or found the need for) a disposable.. only reason I could think of using one is if I got caught short somewhere...

But take 2 examples of disposable users just yesterday evening -
"Got any of the 5000 [or such, large example] puff disposables?"
"Sorry, they're against the regs, we don't sell any larger than 600."
"Got any under the counter?" (nudge,nudge,wink,wink)
"No, we don't sell them.. and can't see the point either, as we sell proper e-cigs that will do 100s of thousands of puffs..."

.. and he went on to buy a couple of 600 puff disposables.

The other example, we have known him for years...
"Hey, not seen you in a while?"
"I've fallen in the disposables trap..."
"Why? You know better?"
"I dunno.. it's Betty, she uses them all the time.. and I gave up for a while, and now they're all I've been using too..."
"Well, get a proper vape again then.. we now sell a refillable, rechargeable, and pod changeable vape for £12.. just the price of 2 disposables..."
"Hmm.. I plan on giving up again soon anyway..."

.. and he went on to buy a couple of 600 puff disposables.

Dare I say it my wife has gone back to the disposables she says the Elfliq juice makes her cough more than usual She has COPD so she’s back on the Aroma Kings again. So all I can say they make her happy so I give in, she likes the flavour of them so it’s better than smoking.
Personally I can’t stand them but each to their own while they are available people will buy them it’s the illegal versions that are available which is crucifying the good reputation of the vape industry.

Back
Top Bottom