What's new

Interesting questions about mech batteries and amps in parallel

Dozwold

Postman
Hi all,

I was wondering what people’s thoughts are for the 3 questions below.

Lets say the build is very low, a 0.07 Ni90 (as a dual coil) Ohms law says it needs 60 amps at 4.2v. (but needing Less at 3.8v but I calculated at 4.2v for safety reasons).

Lets say these are the two options of batteries, all in the Stormbreaker mod which is parallel.

4 x Samsung 30T rated at 35 Amps each (Together 140 amps) and 12000 mah.
OR
4 X Molicell M50A (the new 5000mah batteries) but rated at only 15 amps each, (but together it’s 60 amps) but will go for days at 20,000 mah.

So my questions are:

1. Would using the molicell, such a low amp battery be ‘safe’ for a 60 amp rated coil at 4.2v as they only 15amp each individually?

2. Would performance of the multiple low amp Molicell batteries when added together in real life be just as good as what the superb 30T feels like or are the low amp batteries gonna feel like less performance and less oomgh of a hit because of their lower rating/capabilities individually?

3. Generally and hypothetically, would even 10 molicell batteries in parallel (providing 150amp total give the same initial hit as only 4 in parallel because the coil only needs 60amps? Do the 10 batteries actually provide 150amps to the coil giving it a hardcore vape or still just provide just 60 amps (because that’s all the coil asks for).

If you need to ask these questions doesn't it raise some queries for you?

Safety first, not balls to the wall for me. If in doubt use regulated.

1. Yes
2. The coil will still pull the amps it needs from the batteries wether they have them to give safely or not.
3. You've answered the question yourself in brackets.

i wouldnt try sticking 4 batteries in the Stormbreaker mate they wont fit its a triple battery Mod

2. The coil will still pull the amps it needs from the batteries wether they have them to give safely or not..

This is what I’m not sure of if more than enough amps ‘available’ in batteries make a difference to the vape. For instance a Samsung 30T and a Samsung 40T seem to give a different hit on a 0.15 coil, but both are rated to do 28amps. A 0.15 coil (max 28A at 4.2v) seemed to vape better and harder with the 30T rather than the 40T but both are rated within the safety amps limit (35a and 30a respectively), both batts new, so seems both should vape the same when newly charged at that particular coil.

Is it my imagination that the 30T feels more powerful even when the coil only takes 28a max?

Vaperz cloud design all there 21700 mods around the Samsung 30T battery or at least they used too

This is what I’m not sure of if more than enough amps ‘available’ in batteries make a difference to the vape. For instance a Samsung 30T and a Samsung 40T seem to give a different hit on a 0.15 coil, but both are rated to do 28amps. A 0.15 coil (max 28A at 4.2v) seemed to vape better and harder with the 30T rather than the 40T but both are rated within the safety amps limit (35a and 30a respectively), both batts new, so seems both should vape the same when newly charged at that particular coil.

Is it my imagination that the 30T feels more powerful even when the coil only takes 28a max?
You need to look into the voltage sag for given amp draw. Different cells can have the same CDR, but output different voltages at the same amp draw.

A study of Mooch's graphs is required here.

You need to look into the voltage sag for given amp draw. Different cells can have the same CDR, but output different voltages at the same amp draw.

A study of Mooch's graphs is required here.

That does make sense. Unfortunately there are no graphs nor proper research out there when it comes to batteries in parallel though.

Back
Top Bottom