What's new

IsubS - Clapton

lambo16

Postman
Hey apes

So I've just cleaned my isubS tank, put it all back and loaded in the 0.5 clapton to try for the first time, obviously having to use a higher wattage on it! But the draw seems to have more resistance even with the air flow right open, is this just the coil creating resistance?

Also it seems to get quite hot at 50W after a few long pulls, is this normal as well?

Loving the flavour and the cloud production though!

Hi @lambo16 and fellow ape!

I use an iSubS tank with Clapton Coils,
What battery are you using?

Now when I first bought my device, I was on a low end coil (30w-40w coil), all was fine.
Since I've changed to Clapton coils the resistance tends to be 0.47-0.53 but recently it's gone up to 0.65-0.68
Clapton coils are meant to have anywhere between 0.47 and 0.53 ohm resistance.
The tank heats up quicker the lower the ohms. And I do find that my iSubS does start overheating very quickly and then I take hits which are fairly dry.

what I have found with Clapton Coils is that if your resistance (ohms) starts to go upwards, you're burning your coil. (0.6 upwards)
Claptons should sit at 0.5 give or take, any higher and you'll start getting dry hits and horrible tastes.

PS- I'm actually going to move away from iSubS and start using a new tank entirely (aspire tanks)

Hi @lambo16 and fellow ape!

I use an iSubS tank with Clapton Coils,
What battery are you using?

Now when I first bought my device, I was on a low end coil (30w-40w coil), all was fine.
Since I've changed to Clapton coils the resistance tends to be 0.47-0.53 but recently it's gone up to 0.65-0.68
Clapton coils are meant to have anywhere between 0.47 and 0.53 ohm resistance.
The tank heats up quicker the lower the ohms. And I do find that my iSubS does start overheating very quickly and then I take hits which are fairly dry.

what I have found with Clapton Coils is that if your resistance (ohms) starts to go upwards, you're burning your coil. (0.6 upwards)
Claptons should sit at 0.5 give or take, any higher and you'll start getting dry hits and horrible tastes.

PS- I'm actually going to move away from iSubS and start using a new tank entirely (aspire tanks)

Try an aspire cleito tank mate, the flavour difference is mind blowing

Try an aspire cleito tank mate, the flavour difference is mind blowing

I tried the Cleito Aspire tank, absolutely loved it, but now I've upgraded my whole device. I'm now running an RX200 with UWELL SUS316 tank, and the flavour at 90-120w is fantastic!! I'll be looking for a 200w tank soon enough! :)
I think the iSubS tank failed me because my battery was potentially overcharged and burning out all my coils, had no problems using an Aspire tank with my RX200, everything is so much better! :)

Back
Top Bottom