What's new

It's a bit of a monster...

metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistor from memory.....
how long to charge via usb ?

Lol. Not tried USB charging yet other than to test it works, it's more of an emergency thing than something practical, it would charge from flat to full in about 11 hours connected to a PC. The fast charge port along with a proper LiPo charger (which I have) will charge it from flat in a bit over an hour.

After 3 and a bit days it's down to 3.8V. 1st day was dripper at 0.2 ohms, 2nd day Kayfun 1.6 ohms, but now the voltage is down I'm using my RSST at 1.2 ohms. Once it's down to 3.7V I expect it to stay around that level for a few more days. Even the 0.2 ohm build wasn't really stressing it at all.

I cannot believe the wiring for this is so simple!
What gauge wire did you use if you don't mind me asking? :)

I cannot believe the wiring for this is so simple!
What gauge wire did you use if you don't mind me asking? :)

I know. It's ridiculously simple if you know what to use.

One word of caution if anyone is thinking of doing something like this - respect the batteries, they contain an enormous amount of energy and can dump it quickly (the ones I've used, as the 7P pack I built, are rated to output over 1.5KW for a 10 second burst and over .75KW continuously). If you short them things can go very wrong very quickly. Never create a situation where a short could occur, deal with one wire at a time insulating as you go.

With that out of the way; wire sizes:
Fast charge connector 20awg. Charging at 1C is 5.4A.
Switch very small, don't know, I used an off-cut from the voltmeter wire, it only has to carry about a milliamp. You can use anything.
High current is all 14awg which is a bitch to solder as it sinks heat so fast.

I know all about the fun of lipo batteries after my brother set fire to one in his helicopter... turned out the stock wiring loom was rather... shit. D:

Awesome. This is what we were discussing earlier tiday. Really nice build.:thumbup:

I want something like this before vapefest...
I'm determined to fill the tent :P

Well, you've got access to a lipo charger. Lipo packs aren't that dear, although 4.2v high drain ones are a little rarer. Mosfets are inexpensive, don linked some 150a capable ones earlier.

I'm very very interested in building one, its an electronic version of a mech mod basically. I like that a lot.

Love it. Are they all in parallel or series?
Thats a silly question. I just saw the mah. ;-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom