What's new

It's a bit of a monster...

I will try a metal tin(old Odds n Ends tin)to see how many 18650's I can fit(+on/off switch)inside,then order the quantity of 18650 Sony VTC4's.Result should be similar capacity but utterly mental max output(enough to melt the copper rivet?)I'd likely need a relay switching system to or the fire switch would need be mahoosive to avoid melting that,reckon some domestic grey cable for the wiring(parallel configured)& we'd be able to keep @Raguri happy the entire event of the 2014 Vapemeet. :rofl:

Nice work mate,I'm impressed.

Cheers. I used a tact switch ;).

The tact switch applies a voltage to the gate of a pair of mosfets in parallel which act as the high current switch. The mofets are rated for 42 amps each.

You have my admiration for this mod, if you make enough of 'em, you could build a wall ! :goodjob::lol1:

I will try a metal tin(old Odds n Ends tin)to see how many 18650's I can fit(+on/off switch)inside,then order the quantity of 18650 Sony VTC4's.Result should be similar capacity but utterly mental max output(enough to melt the copper rivet?)I'd likely need a relay switching system to or the fire switch would need be mahoosive to avoid melting that,reckon some domestic grey cable for the wiring(parallel configured)& we'd be able to keep Raguri happy the entire event of the 2014 Vapemeet. :rofl:

Nice work mate,I'm impressed.

Good luck sir. I want a quad battery box... 2x2 batteries. One set series one set parralel..

@doobedoodedo I've forgotten lots of my electrical engineering learning so would be grateful for a pointer to where/how to buy/configure this kind of setup. I was kind of joking about the odds n ends tin, but not about a battery box with a group of parallel wired 30 amp rated 18650's lol. I'm presently waiting for an aluminium extruded box arriving from the far east to complete a project for Dexter (I think as my memories shite) as they kindly gave away the basic components for these tin mods. I am trying to recover old memories of sitting in my bedroom with the multimeter and soldering iron experimenting, building electronic kits to CB antennae (whatever took my fancy in the adverts of Exchange & Mart years ago)

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

It's actually really easy. Just 2 components. An N-channel mosfet. I use these http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=1688590 and a 15K(ish) resistor to pull the gate back down to ground after you've released the button.

A picture says a thousand words no matter how badly drawn ;)

mosfetswitch_zps3a26b2eb.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom