What's new

It's a bit of a monster...

The load is also shared amongst the cells so each cell only sees 1/7th of the load. I think its brilliant. Plus you dont need to think of building coils any different to a mech mod, or remember which attys suit the box mod.

I understood that much before hand, equal load split between the 7.

The pack itself is 63x45x24mm. Everything would fit in a Hammond enclosure. But I'd coat the inside of the enclosure with something non-conductive first I think.

Hmm, I can get some plasti-kote pretty easily which would work bloody well (It's like, rubber in a spray can... Amazing stuff!), and would also make it look pretty good internally. :)
Currently looking at the Hammond stuff on Maplins actually, my god there's loads!

Hammond enclosures on ebay were around £10-16 mark when I looked last. Decided to go for an aluminium extruded blue anodised box to build a 'tin mod' that will look not to far off ninjas XNA (think it's called)DNA mod. Then, once it's built, photo'd and posted as my tin mod for Dexters little comp I can easily rebuild it with a DNA30 PCB added.

I wish I'd known about parallel battery internal resistance details when I was using my ex-laptop battery box as was scared of ever pushing them over about 5amps when I could have gone to 10 amps and still been under their (self-imposed)limits. Oh well,I've still got my ugly face intact

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

I thought that was cheap. It's a Chinese Hammond clone! Never expected that...

Yep! Even though it'd mean I had a cloned mod (pahahahahha!), It's cheap enough that when I come round to doing it, if I fudge it up, I can just order another one :P
plus, means I can be creative with it... I'd love to give it a "Post-apocalyptic style" somehow... Not steampunk (even though I'd love to do that!), but make it look as if it's just survived a nuclear blast...
Maybe leaving it in a natural fire for a while?

I just saw those posted on the "other" forum(is where I've been reading all night as you suggested it Raguri)I'm now rethinking my DNA30 ideas,and more interested in something that can run up to 250 watts but will require a lot more work than simply adding a few wires & drilling a couple of holes.I'm also starting to wonder why we use 18650 battery styles @3.7 ish volts & not simply go LiPo helicopter batteries at 11 ish volts,especially when I watched a quad coiled sub-ohm atty heat up 0.5mm wires faster than my VTC4's can do 0.3mm duals :rofl:

I'm going to have a wander down town later as we have a model-shop and ask if I can have a read of his battery catalog :P

I just saw those posted on the "other" forum(is where I've been reading all night as you suggested it Raguri)I'm now rethinking my DNA30 ideas,and more interested in something that can run up to 250 watts but will require a lot more work than simply adding a few wires & drilling a couple of holes.I'm also starting to wonder why we use 18650 battery styles @3.7 ish volts & not simply go LiPo helicopter batteries at 11 ish volts,especially when I watched a quad coiled sub-ohm atty heat up 0.5mm wires faster than my VTC4's can do 0.3mm duals :rofl:

I'm going to have a wander down town later as we have a model-shop and ask if I can have a read of his battery catalog :P

I'm in the same boat Chegs. Ive got an electronics book coming and a load of supplies from China on the way. I'm going to do a couple of mods first to get my hand in and then hopefully build something really good. These lipos look the ticket. I think I'd sacrifice mah for power though and still want to keep the size down so I'd probably use less. The options are endless! :-)

Okay, just ran through everythingbon hobbyking, 31.92 gbp... then i will need a box, switch, mosfet... think this could be done for around 50 :P

Back
Top Bottom