What's new

Just an observation...

Loved a tube mech back in the day.

Great form factor and waaaayy more clouds than any regulated kit could give you at the time.

Really miss one particular setup but otherwise too much faff. Not cheap for nice ones, either.

The more I think about it, with me, in all probability I'm just a philistine by nature because I have also never been taken with complex coils, I've always got on better with a nice single-wire Kanthal or Ss coil over a zipper, alien, Clapton, fused Clapton etc.
I remember having conversations along similar lines with the seasoned jug of tepid water single malt guys in the pub on the subject of whiskey. I would be sitting there with my glass of whatever was most keenly priced, a few chunks of ice and some diet coke and they would look at me like I had just taken a dump on their shoes, telling me how I was committing sacrilege by defiling the earthy, smoke-laden notes emanating from the nectar of the Gods by chilling and then ruining the flavour of it. They would scold me on how it was not just something that was created to get you to that "sweet, wobbly, smiley spot", but was virtually a religious experience! It almost, to me at least, used to feel a bit like an emperor's new clothes scenario, one where they could see someone adorned in all his finery cos they "got it", and all I could see was an old geezer with his meat and two veg swinging about, cos I didn't

The more I think about it, with me, in all probability I'm just a philistine by nature because I have also never been taken with complex coils, I've always got on better with a nice single-wire Kanthal or Ss coil over a zipper, alien, Clapton, fused Clapton etc.
I remember having conversations along similar lines with the seasoned jug of tepid water single malt guys in the pub on the subject of whiskey. I would be sitting there with my glass of whatever was most keenly priced, a few chunks of ice and some diet coke and they would look at me like I had just taken a dump on their shoes, telling me how I was committing sacrilege by defiling the earthy, smoke-laden notes emanating from the nectar of the Gods by chilling and then ruining the flavour of it. They would scold me on how it was not just something that was created to get you to that "sweet, wobbly, smiley spot", but was virtually a religious experience! It almost, to me at least, used to feel a bit like an emperor's new clothes scenario, one where they could see someone adorned in all his finery cos they "got it", and all I could see was an old geezer with his meat and two veg swinging about, cos I didn't
You can put whatever heathenry you want in whiskey, but add coke to a fine Malt whisky and I'll view you as a step below a tory or a person with crinkly sweeties in the cinema! Most 'cooking' whisky can benefit from additions - soda or ginger ale aye. But as a person who really dislikes coke and other similar fizzy drinks, thats at your discretion. Whisky snobs, like wine/bread/coffee/tea/car/vape snobs - get it right up you.

however, back on track - mechs at the time suited me just fine. Simple bits of kit that appealed to the engineer in me. Even the different flavour profile as the battery lost charge was braw especially with the tobaccos I was using at the time. Will hasten to add as soon as I discovered brochrome ( flattened ni80) that was my wee game changer. Simple coils with good flavour and no need to fanny about with fancy coils - braw!

Get a spool of 24awg brochrome from stealthvape, you'll never go back.

Back
Top Bottom