What's new

Just an observation...

Get a spool of 24awg brochrome from stealthvape, you'll never go back.

Sounds like it would be great if someone took the time to put an outer wrap on it.

I've found flatwires OK, but prefer a parallel fused clapton (same flat profile but much more surface area to vaporise juice). They may not ramp up as fast as Flatwire because of the additional mass but I get a better vape from it. Similarly, complex coils will make the batteries work harder, but I have a lot of batteries, am always close to a charger and the planet can go fuck itself.

Sounds like it would be great if someone took the time to put an outer wrap on it.

I've found flatwires OK, but prefer a parallel fused clapton (same flat profile but much more surface area to vaporise juice). They may not ramp up as fast as Flatwire because of the additional mass but I get a better vape from it. Similarly, complex coils will make the batteries work harder, but I have a lot of batteries, am always close to a charger and the planet can go fuck itself.
Oddly. Flat wire has, slightly, less surface area than round bar.
The major reason flat wire is used is because there is so little mass, it heats up quicker than a Clapton, never mind a multi core.
Wrapping BroChrome just decreases heat up speed, and flavour. On single strand, you’d be better off with Clapton made from round bar.

I see little point in BroChrome for regulated mods. The shape of a parallel Clapton actually aids air flow. And, with the best will in the world. No regulated is going to hit like a mech, anyway.

believe it or not. The benefits of BroChrome, weren’t just guessed at. That came from years of experience, from many POTV members.

Oddly. Flat wire has, slightly, less surface area than round bar.
The major reason flat wire is used is because there is so little mass, it heats up quicker than a Clapton, never mind a multi core.
Wrapping BroChrome just decreases heat up speed, and flavour. On single strand, you’d be better off with Clapton made from round bar.

I see little point in BroChrome for regulated mods. The shape of a parallel Clapton actually aids air flow. And, with the best will in the world. No regulated is going to hit like a mech, anyway.

believe it or not. The benefits of BroChrome, weren’t just guessed at. That came from years of experience, from many POTV members.

Were all different in our preferences - I appreciate flatwire will heat up faster without an outer wrap, but I always seem to get better flavour from a flat clapton than plain flatwire, and better flavour from a fused clapton than a flat clapton.

Slightly longer ramp up isn't an issue for me, if a build seems lethargic I just change the wires and build a little lower - I don't push the Amp limits of my batteries so its never caused problems. I can see the attraction of brochrome with a single 18650 tube, but 35A 21700s and 21700 mechs have been available for several years now so needing a little more power for the increased mass of complex coils isn't as relevant. The only time a mech has left my home is when I go to my back yard to clean it so draining a battery a little faster isn't an issue for me.

I'm sure flatwire is a go to for many people, and it would be interesting to know when these benefits of brochrome flatwire were discussed on POTV, and what wires they were being compared to. If they were compared to some of the earlier claptons (Ka1 with a 32ga outer wrap) I wouldn't be surprised that many preferred brochrome because you could get better flavour from a damp sock.

@Crispycritters try searching? 2016 seems to be when it came to our attention

Thanks Rob, I've had a bit of a read and the first stuff is 2016ish.

Annoyingly although I prefer more complex coils in mechs and have tried flatwire in the past I haven't specifically tried brochrome. Now I want to try some to use with my 18650 mechs. Brochrome added to my shopping list.

Thanks Rob, I've had a bit of a read and the first stuff is 2016ish.

Annoyingly although I prefer more complex coils in mechs and have tried flatwire in the past I haven't specifically tried brochrome. Now I want to try some to use with my 18650 mechs. Brochrome added to my shopping list.
One of us, one of us...
Drop me a pm and I can post down some 23 gauge for you to try.

One of us, one of us...
Thanks for the offer but I've ordered a spool of 24ga this afternoon. I considered the 23ga but I'm buying it to use in dual coil on my 18650 mechs so I'll try a few builds with 24 first - 23ga is probably a bit borderline for me as I don't go much under 0.20 with 18650s

staged.jpg

Staged builds were a good way to counter the ramp-up lag on bulkier coils.

One of us, one of us...

Thanks for the offer but I'm good as I ordered a spool of 24ga this afternoon.

I considered 23ga but I'm buying to use with my older 18650 mechs with dual coils and don't feel comfortable going much below 0.20 so 23ga is probably a bit borderline for what I have in mind but thanks for the offer.

Edit - Bizarre double post. Microsoft Edge went temperamental on me when I initially tried to reply and my first post seemed to go to electronic heaven, so I tried again. 10 minutes later it re-appeared again. LOL.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer but I've ordered a spool of 24ga this afternoon. I considered the 23ga but I'm buying it to use in dual coil on my 18650 mechs so I'll try a few builds with 24 first - 23ga is probably a bit borderline for me as I don't go much under 0.20 with 18650s
24g brochrome is great stuff, I've used it a lot.

For dual coils, 3mm ID, 7 wraps. ;)

Back
Top Bottom