What's new

kayfun lite cotton wick

I tried this after having a lot of troubl with coiling my kfl and loved it.. AW has just put up a good in depth guide on Youtube :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKIJFkOddts&feature=youtu.be

I've changed to the Navy Nest coil now and loving that too

:)

PS.. I don't have any special equipment for microcoils.. I just wrap round the blade of a 2mm screwdriver and heat it up plenty to keep it tight before putting it in the atty.

his videos are amazing aren't they .

i need to find me a 2mm driver. the only ones ive got lying around are either mahoosive or flat headed so they stick out. i dont do tools. i probably should.

I guess the mm doesn't really matter.. I'm not even sure if mine is 2mm and I've used a bigger one as well. Just experiment with the resistences and guages of wire.
I don't see why you couldn't use a coktail stick or a bbq skewer or the inside of a biro.
As long as it hasn't got flat ends as you say.
A pair of pliers or tweezers is handy though for heating it up.

And yes, Andrew's videos are great .. Recommended Friday night faily viewing :D

Also to be honest, I find using a threaded bolt more difficult. I just wrap and pull/push the wire tight.. which you can't do with a bolt.

I tried this after having a lot of troubl with coiling my kfl and loved it.. AW has just put up a good in depth guide on Youtube :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKIJFkOddts&feature=youtu.be

I've changed to the Navy Nest coil now and loving that too

:)

PS.. I don't have any special equipment for microcoils.. I just wrap round the blade of a 2mm screwdriver and heat it up plenty to keep it tight before putting it in the atty.

See that's where my brain fails me. I also use a small screwdriver but take the coil off then hold it with players and burn usually resulting in the hot coil pinging from the pliers across the room lol, so will leave on and burn :D

See that's where my brain fails me. I also use a small screwdriver but take the coil off then hold it with players and burn usually resulting in the hot coil pinging from the pliers across the room lol, so will leave on and burn :D

haha! yes that happens. It's important to hold the coil "square" in the pliers, so some pliers won't be so good. Otherwise it will ping off or it will set a bit bent and not close properly.

I made the mistake of getting better at microcoils on the T2. Once the cotton was soaked with Snake Oil and vaped I think I went blind for a few minutes and was transported to another dimension, a scary dimension like in Hellraiser where pure pleasure was also absolute pain.

I wouldn't dream of trying something so mental on the KFL.

well it turns out the one i have at the minute is at 1.2 ohms. probably explain partly why its so intense. ive bought the screws. ill give it another go when they arrive.

im thinking about buying a dream off the classies as a spare playtoy.

I like to stay betwen 1.6 - 1.8 with the Kayfun .. seems to be about perfect there with any coils or wicks :)

Back
Top Bottom