What's new

Letter sent to my MP........

You may want to reply and ask him why non of the UKip lot are attending the ENVI vote tomorrow..........very disappointed.

Last edited:
I emailed my mp today, Peter Bottomly (conservative) asking him for his stance on vaping and telling him my personal story. I also stated that his views would directly influence my future voting. I got a pretty shirty responce.
Thank you.

I shall continue to consider the issues.

Peter B

During my time in political service, I have frankly replied to people who mention how they might vote by responding along these lines:

1 It is a secret ballot: I cannot know how anyone voted last time and how they vote next time.
2 If those who normally vote against me decide to vote for me because one thing their party does annoys them, and if those who normally vote for me decide to vote against me because of one thing, we end with most support coming from those who basically do not agree with the choice they make.

Odd outcome?

Who or which group if any suggested the terms in which you write?

I would like to make direct contact with them if possible.

Sir Peter Bottomley
MP for Worthing West
House of Commons
London, SW1A 0AA

Should I not have mentioned voting? I was quite taken back by the responce tbh and it answered none of the questions I asked. He did leave his mobile no. at the bottom of the email tho so thats interesting.

Im interested in your opinions.

I also emailed all my MEP's but haven't had a response yet.

You may want to reply and ask him why non of the UKip lot are attending the ENVI vote tomorrow..........very disappointed.
I did reply, telling him about the vote and asking him to support it. The reply was an identical email to the first one.

On Caroline Lucas' Facebook page:

Screen shot 2013-07-11 at 15.15.32.jpg

well still no answer from my local MP so I payed them a visit today although he was not there I made my case with the lacky that did see me and as I result was promised he would be in touch.....................if this doesnt happen by next weekend visit two from me

Finally got a reply from my MP an it just contained a letter forwarded to him by the DoH saying how much they agree with the MHRA medicine decision. Fracking illiterate bell-end didn't even read my letter past the word e-cigarette :(

Finally got a reply from my MP an it just contained a letter forwarded to him by the DoH saying how much they agree with the MHRA medicine decision. Fracking illiterate bell-end didn't even read my letter past the word e-cigarette :(

Next time they're up for re-election, just skip straight past their name and vote for someone you think has a better attitude towards vaping?

These stuffed shirts tend to be less dismissive if they're voted out of office.

Alternatively, you could buy a sheetload of gunpowder and wait for November the 5th. ;)

I emailed my mp today, Peter Bottomly (conservative) asking him for his stance on vaping and telling him my personal story. I also stated that his views would directly influence my future voting. I got a pretty shirty responce.

Should I not have mentioned voting? I was quite taken back by the responce tbh and it answered none of the questions I asked. He did leave his mobile no. at the bottom of the email tho so thats interesting.

Im interested in your opinions.

I also emailed all my MEP's but haven't had a response yet.

IMO this was a bullying tactic ... he hopes you will feel guilty and see his side and therefore vote to him again .. either that or he is trying to discern if a particular group has asked you too write that .. in the hopes he can attack them for vote swinging.

I notice that issue was the most important thing to him in your letter ...

That for one would sway my vote

IMO this was a bullying tactic ... he hopes you will feel guilty and see his side and therefore vote to him again .. either that or he is trying to discern if a particular group has asked you too write that .. in the hopes he can attack them for vote swinging.

I notice that issue was the most important thing to him in your letter ...

That for one would sway my vote

Yeah I think your right, I just have no idea what his side actually is, considering he never mentioned it at all. For sure I won't be voting for him, but I would like him to actually answer my initial question. I'm going to e-mail him again this week to see if I can get an answer rather than an arrogant rant.

Thanx @ZT

Back
Top Bottom