What's new

Lime Nirvana Or Bust

Mr Numpty

Veteran
Given the untimely demise of Dripworx' Limesicle perfection, I've set out on a mission to create one or more great lime juices. I will of course share the recipe of any winners as and when they arrive. My first attempt is already a very lovely vape but I'm going to keep going and see where it takes me. I'm not necessarily aiming for Limesicle per se, especially as it has been some years since I had any, but something as lovely as that is certainly one goal. @Mbsun, as someone who vaped a lot of Limesicle, I'd be grateful of you could describe its flavour profile for me. Any other Apes' advice, suggestions or requests gratefully received.

Anyway, wish me luck!

Good luck!

Will be interested to see what you come up with as I've always found lime a hard flavour to work with. Some concentrate suggestions to start off with would be good and I could try and make something as well, we can compare notes.

Good luck!

Will be interested to see what you come up with as I've always found lime a hard flavour to work with. Some concentrate suggestions to start off with would be good and I could try and make something as well, we can compare notes.

Thank you. Yes, great idea. 🙂

I'm currently using INW Lime Shisha, CAP Lime and Dark Arts Key lime.

Thank you. Yes, great idea. 🙂

I'm currently using INW Lime Shisha, CAP Lime and Dark Arts Key lime.

Wow, those are the ones I thought of myself, given that the dripworks recipe must be a bit older. I've had a look at some newer ones and might go for a mix of old and new to come up with something. Can you remember the general profile of limesicle? It's not a juice I ever tried.

Hopefully other folks will chip in and we can start a lime revolution!

Wow, those are the ones I thought of myself, given that the dripworks recipe must be a bit older. I've had a look at some newer ones and might go for a mix of old and new to come up with something. Can you remember the general profile of limesicle? It's not a juice I ever tried.

Hopefully other folks will chip in and we can start a lime revolution!

I wish I could remember it better than I can, but I remember it being a pretty straight up lime that was very smooth. One thing that sticks in my mind was that it was sweetened to perfection. Like, on the limit of sweetness without straying into over sweet territory if that makes sense. Perfect sweetness. I don't really recall it having much if anything in the way of cooling but could be wrong. Certainly not much anyway. It did have a hint of sharpness/tang that was balanced with the sweetness. Hoping @Mbsun can describe it more accurately.

I wish I could remember it better than I can, but I remember it being a pretty straight up lime that was very smooth. One thing that sticks in my mind was that it was sweetened to perfection. Like, on the limit of sweetness without straying into over sweet territory if that makes sense. Perfect sweetness. I don't really recall it having much if anything in the way of cooling but could be wrong. Certainly not much anyway. It did have a hint of sharpness/tang that was balanced with the sweetness. Hoping @Mbsun can describe it more accurately.

I remember it with next to no sweetener and it did have coolant in it.

Sweetness is hard to quantify isn't it. I'm someone who doesn't like juices too sweet. Most all commercial juices are way WAY too sweet for me, to the point of being unvapeable, so my "perfect sweetness" description has to be viewed with that in mind certainly. Good to know you remember cooling @Rickster , I wasn't too sure about that. Cheers for the feedback. 👍

Sweetness is hard to quantify isn't it. I'm someone who doesn't like juices too sweet. Most all commercial juices are way WAY too sweet for me, to the point of being unvapeable, so my "perfect sweetness" description has to be viewed with that in mind certainly. Good to know you remember cooling @Rickster , I wasn't too sure about that. Cheers for the feedback. 👍

Im the same with sweetener, can't vape the majority of commercial stuff, I also basing my comment of little to none on that.

I'll tell you what though, the first one I made is pretty lovely, even if I do say myself. 😁 That's after a two day steep mind you and lime tends to fade with time so I'll have to see how it fares as time goes by. Here it is if anyone wants to try it out.

Lime Quest.JPG

I'll need to wait till payday to get the Dark Arts (FA) and INW limes but I've got a few others here so will have a go with what I do have. Probably not what you're looking for but I'll use your recipe as a base if that's ok.

Back
Top Bottom