What's new

List of trusted E Liquid & Hardware suppliers

I bought a Coilmaster 521 TAB from one of the recommended hardware sellers back in September which has just failed (ohms reader all over the place) Have sent them two Emails asking them what, if anything, can be done (replacement, fix, tough luck mate) and not as yet received any reply. A bit annoying. I have not named and shamed as yet because maybe they are unable to respond to my emails at the moment. I want to make sure before I diss that I am in the right to at least expect a reply if not possibly a replacement?.

Hi @traksta1
sorry to hear youve had issues and no reply from the supplier.
like any piece of equipment things can fail but not having a reply to your mail is a bit difficult to help with without knowing who you bought from.
i dont think its a case of name and shame but you need some help from the forum members to see if this is an on going issue with more than just yourself or if its happened to others.
the more i get then thats how i decide if they should be removed from the list as the majority on their are recommendations from other members.

i have no idea on warranty times on vape gear but as its only 4 months old i would of thought they would have replied to your mail but some suppliers are very small with maybe only 2 people running the shop so may take longer for a reply.

if they are a forum vendor then we could tag them so they see the message as soon as they log in but of course then you will have to tell us who you bought from.
alternatively do you know if they are on facebook as you could try the message system on their.

Not a forum vendor as far as I can tell. Have just left a "visitors message" and one on the more likely to be responded to message thingy on their farcebook page. I'll see what gives with that first and give them a little longer before I say anything that might me look a twat going forward.

Edit: Have had a response via farcebook saying that I was emailed but (obvs) didn't receive it (checked spam folder just in case). Apparently because I have had it so long there is no option to replace it but a repair was offered if I cba to pack it up and send it back to them. I suppose you can't say better than that these days so I will just write it off as a bad buy and leave it at that.

Last edited:
***UPDATED***

Updating first post to reflect current state of things (original post greyed out below for context). Rob sent through a refund yesterday, and I've ordered with them again. I'm guessing it was a bug somewhere between Paypal and Darkstar in the end. When I placed my new order the old one appeared in my basket again (I guess this was stored alongside my account server side, as I'm using a different device now). I deleted the old items and tried to check out through paypal again, it gave me the "Invoice already paid" error and wouldn't let me pay for the new order :( . Used the credit card in the end, hopefully I get a new invoice ID with the next order and it's back to smooth sailing.

A word of warning on Darkstar, around July last year I thought I'd have a go at some DIY mixing, so I duly placed an order with Darkstar for some base and some flavours. The Darkstar website didn't seem to register the payment I made through paypal, though did charge me! I contacted Darkstar through the website, I email Rob directly through the email address attached to the transaction and called a few times but got no response. Nor did I get any supplies or a refund! I few things happened at home round the time that put it out of my head and I missed the paypal refund deadline as well.

I just started looking into DIYing again and remembered my previous experience with Darkstar so thought I'd leave a warning for others.

Last edited:
To counter what to be brutally frank sounds like user error - I've had nothing but a glitch free and excellent service from Darkstar.

Back
Top Bottom