What's new

Looks Like Another National Lockdown Is Coming

My lad is doing a practical based degree - banned from the labs, one online lecture this year. He’s already had to isolate twice for two weeks each, plus Tier 3, now this. It’s a pile of bullshit. Meanwhile we still have to fork out for his accommodation and living.

I’m going to support him sacking off the course till next year.

it’s a scandal, what’s happening with this. i wasn’t sure if the situation was different out with scotland, but it seems not then.

a guy travelled here to study, a month’s accommodation here costs more than accommodation for a year where he comes from. arrived, found his way to his halls and only after that when he enrolled he found out there is absolutely no face to face teaching or tutorials. all that expense and uprooting to be able to access a library. it’s madness.

Better in fact for one (Midwifery) 2nd year as that is more placements than Uni anyway.... other one (Paramedic) 1st year, bit lost, but coping.....as it happens because of covid and online studies she has been able to keep on at her job in the Ambulance control room. thanks to her gaffer.

i suppose the frontline health courses will maybe not be so badly affected wi the placement thing, babies will keep being born, folk will keep getting sectioned, ambulances will keep heading out for emergencies etc.

it’s a scandal, what’s happening with this. i wasn’t sure if the situation was different out with scotland, but it seems not then.

a guy travelled here to study, a month’s accommodation here costs more than accommodation for a year where he comes from. arrived, found his way to his halls and only after that when he enrolled he found out there is absolutely no face to face teaching or tutorials. all that expense and uprooting to be able to access a library. it’s madness.

Shocking man...sad as fk....big expense.

i suppose the frontline health courses will maybe not be so badly affected wi the placement thing, babies will keep being born, folk will keep getting sectioned, ambulances will keep heading out for emergencies etc.

Yip, the risk (covid) is more of a concern on these courses than finance, although for some it's a double whammy.... if they have come from afar.
The thing with the first proper lockdown was that the Ambulance service was quiet, as quiet as they have ever been, cos next to no road traffic incidents, nae cunt oot stabbing each other, no weekend pub n club madness..... I would imagine the polis must have been the same.

Last edited:
That's shit man, don't think you are alone though, it's a real struggle, also the usual Uni student jobs don't exist to help support the costs...it's a fk up man
That’s the big rub right there.

Yip, the risk (covid) is more of a concern on these courses than finance, although for some it's a double whammy.... if they have come from afar.
The thing with the first proper lockdown was that the Ambulance service was quiet, as quiet as they have ever been, cos next to no road traffic incidents, nae cunt oot stabbing each other, no weekend pup n club madness..... I would imagine the polis must have been the same.

it’s interesting, we live no far from the west glasgow ambulance base, almost on great western road so we hear ambulances a lot. i couldnae work out whether there were more than usual in the first lockdown, or whether i was just noticing it more than usual because of how quiet everything else was. probably the latter.

A four week lockdown still won't work fully, it should have been 6 weeks and everywhere but supermarkets closed, and Supermarket orders should be home delivary, once a week per house.
What's annoying is a Lockdown will come in and folks like myself who live alone with a disability will not get any support, Luckily i do have some support but it is only from My Mrs and occassionally from my ex wife when i see my daughter.

Meanwhile in Wuhan parties are in full swing :hmm:
upload_2020-11-1_2-16-21.png

upload_2020-11-1_2-17-6.png

I get your point, but that’s simply not practical, some people will always need to work. The NHS employs over a million people, those working in hospitals, for example, can’t just stay home and leave the sick to die can they? Doctors, nurses, porters, paramedics, care home staff - they can’t stay home or people die.... which I think is what we’re supposed to be trying to avoid :5:

Very true.

Plus a lot of people forget other essential workers.
Power station employees for one.
Food plant workers.
Water supply, and sewerage.
The list is endless.

I should have said that they would be the exception.
All work places and shops etc etc. shut, no exception. Give people time to get some extra food in ( shops should not allow excessive bulk buying though)
Close everything down. If this was done in the first place there would have been no need for all the little lockdowns that have gone on for far too long and ruined livelihoods and businesses.
Otherwise we may as well open everything up and say fuck it. People should be able to make their own choice as to where they are willing to risk going.
This may be radical and risky I agree but the way the government are handling things atm we're never going to recover. Vast unemployment, poverty and I'm sure a multitude of other unacceptable scenarios for a supposed 1st world country will ruin us and doubtless kill thousands of normal people while the rich fuckers stay in their ivory towers.
Up the revolution [emoji51] [emoji35]

See my post #48

According to your plan we will all spend a month or more living with no electricity.
Of course there will be no sanitation either.
Oh, and of course no heating.

Ah we can live on the food we have been allowed time to buy though.
Problem with that is you won't be able to cook anything with no power, or water.

However as you said "People should be able to make their own choice as to where they are willing to risk going" so you are free to make your own choice, and enjoy that situation for as long as you like. :)

Ffs! Now we’re waiting while that clueless fuckwit Boris has his tea :25:

I said to my OH at the time Boris, the rest of the cabinet, and the SAGE team were all finishing up their Indian takeaway, and all the booze in number 10..................:18:

Back
Top Bottom