What's new

Looks Like Another National Lockdown Is Coming

I haven’t heard anything from work yet, the big bosses are probably still in crisis talks :25: I think a few staff will be needed for (small) deliveries and click and collects, I expect I’ll be re-furloughed :)
Yep - I'm going in tomorrow for the 'crisis talks' and planning.

can auctions not work remotely on a zoom meeting? do they need to be face to face?
We can run an auction online, but the problem is that people really need to view the stuff (and often touch it), and there's an issue with collecting (and bringing stuff in) too.

The top auction houses can sometimes manage with detailed descriptions and images of their lots, but we sometimes have two shelf-loads from a clearance, worth about £50! That's not cost-effective. :D

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...age-relaunch-brexit-party-reform-uk-new-anti/
Nigel Farage is to relaunch the Brexit Party and rename it the Reform UK which is an Anti-Lockdown Platform.
upload_2020-11-2_0-51-42.png

We can run an auction online, but the problem is that people really need to view the stuff (and often touch it), and there's an issue with collecting (and bringing stuff in) too.

The top auction houses can sometimes manage with detailed descriptions and images of their lots, but we sometimes have two shelf-loads from a clearance, worth about £50! That's not cost-effective. :D

Am gutted for you. PM me if you want a moan.

Am relieved that gardens are still allowed to open. Had already pre booked to go to Wisley Gardens on saturday. Cafes are shut but they have a few mobile ones on site that will be open.

i was just looking at an article on bbc that detailed what shops are allowed to stay open during this new lockdown. how are you lot going to survive down there?

• Food retailers including supermarkets and corner shops
  • Off-licences and licensed shops selling alcohol
  • Pharmacies and chemists
  • Newsagents
  • Hardware stores
  • Building merchants
  • Petrol stations, car repair and MOT services
  • Bicycle shops
  • Taxi and vehicle hire services
  • Banks, building societies, credit unions, currency exchanges and other similar financial businesses
  • Post Offices
  • Funeral directors
  • Laundrettes and dry cleaners
  • Dental practices, osteopaths, opticians and other medical services
  • Veterinary surgeries and pet shops
  • Agricultural supplies shops
  • Storage and distribution facilities
  • Car parks
  • Public toilets
  • Garden centres

i was just looking at an article on bbc that detailed what shops are allowed to stay open during this new lockdown. how are you lot going to survive down there?

• Food retailers including supermarkets and corner shops
  • Off-licences and licensed shops selling alcohol
  • Pharmacies and chemists
  • Newsagents
  • Hardware stores
  • Building merchants
  • Petrol stations, car repair and MOT services
  • Bicycle shops
  • Taxi and vehicle hire services
  • Banks, building societies, credit unions, currency exchanges and other similar financial businesses
  • Post Offices
  • Funeral directors
  • Laundrettes and dry cleaners
  • Dental practices, osteopaths, opticians and other medical services
  • Veterinary surgeries and pet shops
  • Agricultural supplies shops
  • Storage and distribution facilities
  • Car parks
  • Public toilets
  • Garden centres
I agree with the list but why Garden centres it's Winter.

Back
Top Bottom