What's new

Made it one year without smoking analogues

boc_est1986

Initiate
I've been vaping for one year without smoking analogues. Almost. I tried one when on a Christmas works do. Had one drag and threw it on the floor. I couldn't believe how vile it tasted and smelt. I don't know why I ever started smoking. One of the best things I've read about vaping online is the god of steams vape log. I can completely relate to it. My wife and I were both smokers but seeing as she had just got pregnant with our son we both decided to give up. Cold turkey. She managed it and I admire her for that however I didn't. I started smoking again when I was drinking then at work and before I knew it I was on 20 a day again. So I bought myself and ego starter kit. I loved it. Being slightly overweight it was like a dream come true. All the sweet tastes of my favorite treats without the calories. It was a fat kids dreams. As with everything I throw myself in head first. I was now a flavor junkie looking for the best tasting vape. This soon brought me to the grizzly vapes range of bears. Nanerbear was like banoffee pie and really satisfied the inner fatty in me. I decided my flavor experience was hampered by my gear. Having smoked a pipe with flavored tobacco for a while I bought myself a smok epipe mech mod plus batteries and a charger. This then escalated to a kanger aero mini with a bent drip tip. The flavor boost was amazing, almost as cool as I looked smoking my epipe. Unfortunately my mod malfunctioned, the fire button got jammed burnt my fingers and melted all the inners on the mod. So I bought myself 23w unbranded box mod, a Chinese knock off of the eleaf istick. It lasted two days before I dropped it and broke all the solder inside. Meanwhile I had been amassing all different atomizer, clearos and juices, I probably spent far more than if I had carried on smoking but hey vaping was my new hobby. I spent a lot of time on YouTube and lurking in forums and decided that I wanted to try sub ohm. I got myself an eleaf istick 30w and a friend introduced me to the kanger subtank. I ordered the mini straight away. The appeal for me was being able to build my own coils but have the occ coils to fall back on if I was useless at coils. Fat fingers don't cooperate with thin wire. Needless to say I have never used the occ in the sub tank. The sub tank van like discovering vapor for the first time all over again. The vapor and flavor production were miles ahead of anything I had tried before. It took a while getting used to the airy draw but now I wouldn't have it any other way. Well I got bored again and fed up of swapping tanks for different flavors so I thought I'd go for a dripper to easily try different flavors. I'm even in the middle of growing an epic beard as I was led to believe that this was a pre requisite for epic clouds. I ordered the igo-w plus as it was inexpensive if i didn't get on with. I set up a coil and wicked it up, dragon style, and took a hit. Wow what a disappointment. There's more steam coming out of my hot tap and probably more flavor in the water as well. So that leads me here. I have been lurking for a while and decide to reach out for some advice. I posted my disappointment and questions in the new started corner questions and got some great replies. After tweaking my build I hit the the jackpot. The igo-w now gives me such crisp and distinguished flavors it's again like satisfying my inner fat kid all over again. The vapor lacks a bit compared to the subtank but the it's flavor that I'm really after. Thanks to all those who offered advice in my other thread and hopefully this is start of a long and wonderful friendship.
Happy vaping
Boc

Welcome! I'm a fellow newbie to the forum but thought I would offer up some advice, whats the airflow on the IGO like? I've found that I prefer an RDA with much more airflow, this can lead a bit to a decrease in flavours but with some experimentation you can easily find a good middle ground.

Well done on completing a year off of the analogues, that's awesome! A feet I used to believe was basically impossible until picking up my first cigalike and things have just evolved from there :). I get what your saying about having an analogue at that work christmas party as i did a very similar thing about 1 year in and it was disgusting!!

flor :)

Hello and welcome to POTV. Congrats on making the switch. Any questions just post and a helpful ape will be along to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

That is great going, congratulations!

I am a bit behind you somewhat, but coming up to 5 months in a couple of weeks. I have to say I don't think I will ever go back to the fags, as Vaping is so much nicer. Let alone healthier!

Stick with it webzcas 5 months is still a great achievement in itself.
I find now I vape more than I ever smoked but I smoked because I needed the nic now I vape because I enjoy it

attachment.php
:2thumbsup: Hello boc_est1986, Nice to meet you Mate!!!

Back
Top Bottom