What's new

Mech squonk batteries

@conanthewarrior yeah not really a cheaper option but it is a nice little reliable vape without all the electronics!

I think the 26 is the way to go too or more complex builds using those lower gauge wires for sure ! I have some of smuts coils and they are running great!

I tend to be around 55-75 watts most of the time never go higher than that really.

I would like to try the 26awg SS am I right in thinking the resistance is lower ? So I could get a few more wraps in than the kanthal but the ramp up time is also faster?
Yes definitely a nice quality mod you have there, and also that looks good too!

I do like 26G myself, although if Smuts coils are working well in the squonker, and you like them, I would stick with those-the main thing is you are getting a vape you enjoy.

The resistance is lower than Kanthal yes. I make 2.5MM ID coils, at about 0.25 give or take a bit, and with 26G kanthal this would only be about 4 wraps! Where as with the SS316L it is around 8 wraps I find.

SS does ramp up faster than kanthal, but when you have double the mass in there it still does take time. I find at 0.25 though the ramp up is near instant and perfectly good for me.

@conanthewarror smuts are great in my bigger stuff but can't really fit them in that split atty but I'm after a goon 22 or hadaly to go on the squonk then I could put some of those in [emoji106] I have some 26awg twisted with ribbon which may fit in just need to have a play. I do like the idea of SS though may move to that for some of my more standard builds !

Back
Top Bottom