What's new

Mechanical Mod newbie

I know the mod is cheap, but would it do the job for a novice?

Yes, the Nemesis is a tried and tested Mech, think it was the first one I ever got, and it still gets used.

(just make sure you are cool with battery safety and Ohms law)

You trying to make us look bad by actually reading the OP's question! :18:

Yes, for a RTA Kayfun!
Too early to actually read, just short of scanned. I really should read sometimes though

The nemi is a good mech. What batteries do you intend using? have you read up on ohms law?
Got a ohm reader/multimeter?

Hi, I plan to use Sony 18650V3 Yes I have been reading up on ohms law and yes I have an ohm reader.

Too early to actually read, just short of scanned. I really should read sometimes though

No, I think you were totally right and the OP was asking about tanks, and the first two post are from people recommending drippers! :8:

I am open to drippers, I would probally use my sub box during the day and the mech for evenings at home.

If you're already comfortable building the Subtank RBA why not just get another mini. What sort of Watts do you vape it at on your Subox? and what sort of Ohms are you currently building at?

Not sure which battery you're meaning with the Sony 18650V3!

Depending on what sort of power you're planning on building to it might be worth getting some magnets for the switch.

I vape on the subox at anywhere between 15 - 50w depending on the liquid current builds are at .4

Sony 18650 VTC3 3.7V 30A 1600mAh Battery FLAT is the battery

Ooooooh!!! "Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!!" :11:

Look, a Mech Mod, especially something as tried and tested as a Nemesis Clone is perfectly fine for use with either an RTA or an RDA ;). All you need to bear in mind, is the ohmage that you'll be building to with whichever atty you decide to use. All you need to do is get yourself a decent quality Battery and a good ohms tester or a multimeter. If you work to the rule of thumb that you don't go below .8ohms with the RTA builds, you'll be safe. You can go lower of course, but whilst you are finding your feet, I'd not go too much below 0.7 or 0.8

As far as a good tank goes, the world is you oyster. Personally, I love what a Kayfun, Taifun, Heron etc do when coupled to a nice Mech, but you can use anything that floats your boat.

Mechs seem to be regarded as potentially dangerous Mods these days? I truly believe that this has come about by the vast numbers of people who start out with Regulated devices which of course offer protection of just about every sort, but a Mech Mod used sensibly, will surprise you greatly and of course, particularly with anything designed around the Nemesis style, spares are so easily found these days that they will out last the majority of Regulated Mods. Years ago, when the Regulated Mods first started appearing at prices that finally made them affordable, someone once said, "Yeah!! Tremendous, but are they as Future Proof as a Mech"? ;) Awful expression I know!! But actually, assuming they meant "Long Lasting", they are correct.:14:

Yes, Read up on ohms Law, use common sense and you'll have a Mod that will go on for ever!! :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom