What's new

Mesh RTA vs Clapton Coil RTA

I've got the Zeus and whilst it was a great introduction to mesh it definitely lacks compared to other tanks.

The Unity is my all time favourite tank (I have 2). Some people think it's hard to wick but it really isn't. I've never had a dry hit or leaking from either of mine and the flavour they produce is amazing. The Profile M is decent too but I don't like the slide-to-fill cap or plastic bubble "glass". I seem to spend more time filling it than I do vaping it.

I haven't used the Kylin M but it does used the same size strips as the Profile M and Profile Unity. I've tried the Vandy Vape strips but much prefer the OFRF nexMesh strips (old style white label, as the new style WoToFo branded ones with the green and black label don't fit unless you trim them).

One thing I swear by for mesh is using good cotton, in particular Vandy Vape M cotton and Firebolt M cotton. WoToFo 6mm Xfiber is not bad too, but I'd only use it if I couldn't get hold of the VV or Firebolt stuff.

Thanks for this mate !!

Any strips can be cut to fit, you can pull through, from the uncut side or fix one side of the mesh, fold the cotton under and tighten the other side.

Maybe it's the chain vaping but i rarely get more than 3 days between rewicks.

Any strips can be cut to fit, you can pull through, from the uncut side or fix one side of the mesh, fold the cotton under and tighten the other side.

I chain vape too but it depends on the liquids for me. For example - Just Jam seems to be pretty bad for sweeteners (I notice it staining my teeth too) and the wick/strips only last around 3 days, whereas Supergood Butter series seems to be quite kind on the wick/strips and can last a week or more. I used to dry burn and clean the strips but I find it quicker and easier just to swap them out + they're never quite as good after a clean. That's the only real downside over traditional coils for me... those can last months with regular cleaning. The other positives far outweigh that one negative though.

That's not good, I can get 100ml through 1 wick but i obviously don't chain Vape. I might be better rewicking more often but the Flavour is usually spot on.

That's not good, I can get 100ml through 1 wick but i obviously don't chain Vape. I might be better rewicking more often but the Flavour is usually spot on.

Interesting, I reckon I put at least 100ml through each new coil and wick, so I'm about the same as you then, which is good, my current juice consumption is insane.

That's the only real downside over traditional coils for me... those can last months with regular cleaning. The other positives far outweigh that one negative though.

100% agree, I do dry burn and reuse the strips, but sometimes I cant be assed with it, they're the best the first time round and degrade quite quickly after that. It's often a waste of cotton, I hate waste.

I bough a ton of these but they're so flimsy, the flavour is ace though. Also they're a narrower strip, they work really well in the Siegfried, because of the nature of the cotton tail cut on the Siegfried, I find them easier to use on that tank. 1.99 for 10, well happy with that, but they come with the dreaded mesh learning curve.

https://ecigone.co.uk/products/mechlyfe-slatra-mesh-coil-10pcs

Also you can get a grinder on the Zues tank to make bigger strips fit it. There is a link on here somewhere showing you how to do it, i think @StrawberryRipple is the man :)

I chain vape too but it depends on the liquids for me. For example - Just Jam seems to be pretty bad for sweeteners (I notice it staining my teeth too) and the wick/strips only last around 3 days, whereas Supergood Butter series seems to be quite kind on the wick/strips and can last a week or more. I used to dry burn and clean the strips but I find it quicker and easier just to swap them out + they're never quite as good after a clean. That's the only real downside over traditional coils for me... those can last months with regular cleaning. The other positives far outweigh that one negative though.
This makes a big difference to both types of coils, as in the sweeteners

I just made some Quad Core Clapton's which last about 3 Months each one and sometimes longer, i do like Clapton's and Aliens but do prefer Mesh. I do think there is more Flavour with Mesh and Less Ramp Up time.

Coming soon from Steam Crave the Hadron RDSA 30mm, in two variants, either mesh deck or postless deck.
They are amazing, trust me.
Under development atm

Back
Top Bottom