What's new

mg per ml to cigs calc

but I thought you only absorbed around 1mg of nicotine per cigarette regardless of how much nicotine is in the cigarette? So surely taking a value of 12mg for a cigarette is actually overestimating the nic intake by 1,200%..... which makes calculating anything useless if it's that far out
There is no way any study could say how much each person gets from one cigarette, that 1mg is an estimate at best. Figure, some people only smoke the first half and toss the rest, there is more mg in the back end, since it contains a lot of the nicotine that you pulled through from the front. Also people have different lung capacity, and mouth size. So to say everyone gets 1mg per cigarette is a guess at best. Now a better way might be to consider that of those 12mg of nicotine, it is more parts per million than 3mg vape juice, Which in turn means more nicotine per sqr inch of lung, and since nicotine in smoke is a smaller particle than nicotine in vape fog... Like I said, there are far to many factors to say "THIS" is how much nicotine you get from one cigarette vs how much from 1/8th ml of ejuice (say 4mg= 1 day vaping = 1 pack smokes). Now even if we considered 3mg per 100ml, that is 1/100x my calculation.

Now as you know, when you take that first puff on a smoke in the morning, the effect is pretty much instant, so nicotine isn't just lingering around waiting for the exhale bus.. lol.. Its constantly being absorbed as a fairly steady rate. Which is why MJ users inhale and hold.. to get all the THC they can per puff..

I think the flaw is in accepting any study quoting only 1mg from 1 cigarette. But even allowing for 1mg per cigarette that is still 25mg per day per pack. vs 3mg per ml. now you also have to consider.. the nicotine in ejuice is a larger droplet. So doesnt get into ever tiny area of lung tissue, nor do you actually inhale the full vape into your lung. A lot stays in the airway so even if we apply the exact same variables 1ml of juice = 6 cigarettes (at 1x 4ml tank per day)... divide your 3mg by the same factor of 12 as they used on the ecig.

Also figure since 1 ml juice = 6 cigarettes, you are actually only getting 0.5mg nicotine from 1/6 ml (1 "cigarette serving") worth of juice.

The best way to tell. is get a little bit of the 12mg juice from a friend, and vape that, and notice the difference between now and when you started.

This is as best as I can explain it. The best way is just use the math to figure out nicotine. Besides which, I don't know about you, but I didn't start vaping to beat a nicotine addiction, I started vaping to get off cigarette smoke.. and mission accomplished. :)

There is no way any study could say how much each person gets from one cigarette, that 1mg is an estimate at best. Figure, some people only smoke the first half and toss the rest, there is more mg in the back end, since it contains a lot of the nicotine that you pulled through from the front. Also people have different lung capacity, and mouth size. So to say everyone gets 1mg per cigarette is a guess at best. Now a better way might be to consider that of those 12mg of nicotine, it is more parts per million than 3mg vape juice, Which in turn means more nicotine per sqr inch of lung, and since nicotine in smoke is a smaller particle than nicotine in vape fog... Like I said, there are far to many factors to say "THIS" is how much nicotine you get from one cigarette vs how much from 1/8th ml of ejuice (say 4mg= 1 day vaping = 1 pack smokes). Now even if we considered 3mg per 100ml, that is 1/100x my calculation.

Now as you know, when you take that first puff on a smoke in the morning, the effect is pretty much instant, so nicotine isn't just lingering around waiting for the exhale bus.. lol.. Its constantly being absorbed as a fairly steady rate. Which is why MJ users inhale and hold.. to get all the THC they can per puff..

I think the flaw is in accepting any study quoting only 1mg from 1 cigarette. But even allowing for 1mg per cigarette that is still 25mg per day per pack. vs 3mg per ml. now you also have to consider.. the nicotine in ejuice is a larger droplet. So doesnt get into ever tiny area of lung tissue, nor do you actually inhale the full vape into your lung. A lot stays in the airway so even if we apply the exact same variables 1ml of juice = 6 cigarettes (at 1x 4ml tank per day)... divide your 3mg by the same factor of 12 as they used on the ecig.

Also figure since 1 ml juice = 6 cigarettes, you are actually only getting 0.5mg nicotine from 1/6 ml (1 "cigarette serving") worth of juice.

The best way to tell. is get a little bit of the 12mg juice from a friend, and vape that, and notice the difference between now and when you started.

This is as best as I can explain it. The best way is just use the math to figure out nicotine. Besides which, I don't know about you, but I didn't start vaping to beat a nicotine addiction, I started vaping to get off cigarette smoke.. and mission accomplished. :)
Got to say you're pretty knowledgeable, and helping me correct some misinformation I've picked up.
Plus, regardless of how many cigarettes it's equivalent to in terms of nic level, I think everyone can agree that vaping has no tar or carbon monoxide or all the other sugarhoneyicetea that's in the nasty deathsticks.
Vape on brethren

Got to say you're pretty knowledgeable, and helping me correct some misinformation I've picked up.
Plus, regardless of how many cigarettes it's equivalent to in terms of nic level, I think everyone can agree that vaping has no tar or carbon monoxide or all the other sugarhoneyicetea that's in the nasty deathsticks.
Vape on brethren
It's because I'm a nerd. Nerds will study anything. And in Canada which uses the metric system.

Despite the relative inaccuracies, I kinda liked this for a general indication.
that's all it was meant to be, was a general idea. This article is better.
http://www.electroniccigaretteconsumerreviews.com/how-much-nicotine-is-in-one-cigarette/
http://www.electroniccigaretteconsumerreviews.com/how-much-nicotine-is-in-one-cigarette/
And it seems test results are not taken from only one source, Basically, as a general idea, the math way kind of helps keep track, letting you know you are getting less nicotine. BUT...
it isn't the amount of nicotine you get from a cigarette vs vaping.. its the amount in your blood that is by far the best indicator.

7 ml of 6 mg liquid comes out at 12 analogs were as i would go thru 40 a day before i started vapeing on a dripper kinda cool

7 ml of 6 mg liquid comes out at 12 analogs were as i would go thru 40 a day before i started vapeing on a dripper kinda cool
Shit i only smoked 10 a day, i vape 30+ ml 3mg a day, looks like i vape way more than i need too, i think i better get to the corner shop and get me some stinkies, hello shop keep may i have 20 Benson & hedges Strawberry custard and 10 Camel Heisenbergs Please.

Shit i only smoked 10 a day, i vape 30+ ml 3mg a day, looks like i vape way more than i need too, i think i better get to the corner shop and get me some stinkies, hello shop keep may i have 20 Benson & hedges Strawberry custard and 10 Camel Heisenbergs Please.
hahaah i started on 24 mg an i dropped down to 10 before i bought a 60 watt kangertech dripbox mod first time i used it i dripped 18 mg menthol onto it an nearly blew my head off so im a bit warey of it at the minute i think

hahaah i started on 24 mg an i dropped down to 10 before i bought a 60 watt kangertech dripbox mod first time i used it i dripped 18 mg menthol onto it an nearly blew my head off so im a bit warey of it at the minute i think
Yeah, it would. LOL.. I've been using 3mg even since i put up my e-cig. I haven't really used that much since my first month. Just when i was craving the ritual, after meals, etc. Now i don't even need to do that. Im starting to look at diy just so I can cut that down to 1.5 for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom