What's new

Help calculating nicotine intake please

... or to put it another way, it's less nicotine than vaping a 2ml pod of 20mg a day, which I would considering fairly 'normal' for stopping smoking off a packet of 20 cigarettes a day, it's certainly not excessive.

I needed to vape 10ml of 12mg a day when I first switched to keep me away from cigarettes.. and that's all that matters really, you vape what you need.

I like @Simon G 's answer the most.

16ml at 2.34 mg/ml = 37.5mg of nicotine

Isn't there a decimal place missing which would make it 1.8mg and not 18mg so it would actually be 3.75mg day?

I just concentrated on this bit

"I add to that between 1 and 1.5 bottles (10ml each) of 18mg/ml nicotine. Let's call it 1.5 bottles, so 15ml."

So he's vaping 15ml of 18mg a week. All the rest is blah blah blah, it doesn't matter does it?

It's the same as vaping 18mg liquid and only vaping 15ml in a whole week. ... which really isn't much.

I think you're confused :)
With what?
Mind you wouldn't take much.
I'm old school and distinctly remember juice being labelled differently but then again I've been diy for many years now so probably got it completely arse about face.

With what?
I'm old school and distinctly remember juice being labelled differently but then again I've been diy for many years now so probably got it completely arse about face.

It means 18mg per ml doesn't it? so a 10ml bottle contains 1.8ml of nicotine.

With what?

18mg nic is 18mg of nicotine per ml of liquid. So a 10 ml bottle is 180mg of nicotine. 15ml is 270mg of nicotine. His total nic intake a week is 270mg, which is 38.5mg/day.

I just concentrated on this bit

"I add to that between 1 and 1.5 bottles (10ml each) of 18mg/ml nicotine. Let's call it 1.5 bottles, so 15ml."

So he's vaping 15ml of 18mg a week. All the rest is blah blah blah, it doesn't matter does it?

It's the same as vaping 18mg liquid and only vaping 15ml in a whole week. ... which really isn't much.
Now I'm over complicating it.
Isn't 18mg per 10ml bottle 1.8mg per ml?
Ah i see what I'm doing.......Move along nothing to see here!

No, a 10ml bottle of 18mg nic is 180mg. It's an 18mg nicshot :)

No

an 18mg nic shot doesn't make your e-liquid 18mg, it's just a bottle of flavourless 18mg e-liquid. If it was 180mg it would be illegal.

Back
Top Bottom