What's new

DIY Mixing Problems. What Is Going Wrong Here? Please Help!

I work on volume rather than weight and must confess that I take a 10ml bottle to contain …… 10ml.
If you were aiming for a 6mg nic content and added more that 2 x 10ml bottles of nic, (which you did) your finished product would be greater than 6mg.
Does this mix require steeping? That, and the additional nic, may well be influencing the current flavour.

I work on volume rather than weight and must confess that I take a 10ml bottle to contain …… 10ml.
If you were aiming for a 6mg nic content and added more that 2 x 10ml bottles of nic, (which you did) your finished product would be greater than 6mg.
Does this mix require steeping? That, and the additional nic, may well be influencing the current flavour.
When i used 10ml bottles of nic, i often found they contained different amounts.

When i used 10ml bottles of nic, i often found they contained different amounts.
That’s interesting - I’ll maybe measure out next time I use a bottle.
But, I’m not sure my palette would detect much difference between, say, 9.5 or 10.5ml 🤔

That’s interesting - I’ll maybe measure out next time I use a bottle.
But, I’m not sure my palette would detect much difference between, say, 9.5 or 10.5ml 🤔
1ml isn't a big difference in a 100ml bottle, but in a 10ml bottle it is 10% less nicotine.

1ml isn't a big difference in a 100ml bottle, but in a 10ml bottle it is 10% less nicotine.
So, are you saying you’ve found 10ml bottles to contain as little as 9ml?
That would be quite shocking ☹️
Will definitely get the syringes out next time.

So, are you saying you’ve found 10ml bottles to contain as little as 9ml?
That would be quite shocking ☹️
Will definitely get the syringes out next time.
I never measured it, but i've noticed different levels visually in 10ml nic bottles.

Maybe your nic shots are 20mg, not 18, could be a mislabel or a production error resulting in a higher nic mg than intended, might be higher than 20mg, it probably happens, but rarely :hmm:

Perhaps knock up some nic free liquid and combine with the suspicious blend.

what use by dates are on the nic nic bottles.
around 6 years ago i was reviewing a very well known dinner person :) new range and all the nicshots supplied ruined all 8 bottles 480ml. turned out the whole pallet was bad and over 10,000 bottles had to be recalled and dumped.
also as mentioned by John above, when did you mix it and have you let it steep for a good few days. i know custards need months steep but not sure on backy flavours. im guessing a good week or two with multiple daily shakes.

Back
Top Bottom