What's new

Microcoil cotton burning :(

Ok this is weird was playing around with some micro coils and silica while watching tv with a bud, and I picked up the kayfun and it just started working wtf, now i take a drag and a little air bubble floats to the top replenishing the juice I just vaped. Why would it just start working?? Been at this all aft and now it just decides to work. Whhyyyyyyyyyyy

Ok this is weird was playing around with some micro coils and silica while watching tv with a bud, and I picked up the kayfun and it just started working wtf, now i take a drag and a little air bubble floats to the top replenishing the juice I just vaped. Why would it just start working?? Been at this all aft and now it just decides to work. Whhyyyyyyyyyyy

Karma .....

DONT DISS COTTON >>

Karma .....

DONT DISS COTTON >>

:D

IT LIVES!

itlives.jpg

Cotton takes an hour or two to reach full saturation, could be a combination of factors, I always plaster the wick to the sides of the post blocks with juice and thoroughly soak the wick and coil with juice, ensure you leave at least 2mm gap below the coil and that cotton can't spread out at the top of the chimney and restrict the vacuum forming at the juice channels...

I have no idea what happened but I just hope it decides to work again when I change the cotton, I'll pray to the gods of chemical vaporizing nicotine delivery devices... Also the cotton god

Cotton takes an hour or two to reach full saturation, could be a combination of factors, I always plaster the wick to the sides of the post blocks with juice and thoroughly soak the wick and coil with juice, ensure you leave at least 2mm gap below the coil and that cotton can't spread out at the top of the chimney and restrict the vacuum forming at the juice channels...

Mouthfuls of hot juice! Like being the slave at a Bukake party.

So much hatred towards the sweet-sweet fluffy cotton ball. This is how I see it:

I am a creature of habit. Sometimes it takes a while to find the good habit, but with the vaping gear I got it now and I doubt if it can be really improved that much. Here goes for cotton:

20 wrap of .25 Kanthal on syringe needle (2.2 ohm, I like taste at this resistance) resting on a big bed of dripped cotton. I have never burned the cotton like this. I don't see the point of bothering with tanks and dry hits and all that.. wicking is stressful and haphazard. Igo-w with a decent bed will hold enough juice for 10 minutes of intense vaping (7 drops) and when the coil is gunked, it takes me 20 seconds to replace the bed of cotton. Also, I don't like dual coil, it's too much for me (I vaped 10 ml of 6 mg/ml in one sitting) and if an Igo has two air holes, I tape one of them shut. I use a mech mod.

Point being.. stop putting the cotton inside the coil and drip it. Dry hits and fiddling with airflow rings are not fun or necessary. Hehe and mouthful of juice.. got that from a fogger and unscrewed it. I felt..violated.

Having said this, anyone wanna trade foggers for igo-ws?

Cheers,

Dr A

So much hatred towards the sweet-sweet fluffy cotton ball. This is how I see it:

I am a creature of habit. Sometimes it takes a while to find the good habit, but with the vaping gear I got it now and I doubt if it can be really improved that much. Here goes for cotton:

20 wrap of .25 Kanthal on syringe needle (2.2 ohm, I like taste at this resistance) resting on a big bed of dripped cotton. I have never burned the cotton like this. I don't see the point of bothering with tanks and dry hits and all that.. wicking is stressful and haphazard. Igo-w with a decent bed will hold enough juice for 10 minutes of intense vaping (7 drops) and when the coil is gunked, it takes me 20 seconds to replace the bed of cotton. Also, I don't like dual coil, it's too much for me (I vaped 10 ml of 6 mg/ml in one sitting) and if an Igo has two air holes, I tape one of them shut. I use a mech mod.

Point being.. stop putting the cotton inside the coil and drip it. Dry hits and fiddling with airflow rings are not fun or necessary. Hehe and mouthful of juice.. got that from a fogger and unscrewed it. I felt..violated.

Having said this, anyone wanna trade foggers for igo-ws?

Cheers,

Dr A

So you put the coil on top of the wicking material? Rather than the norm or coiling around a wicking material? Surely this would provide much less surface area just the bottom of your coil vaporizing juice?

So you put the coil on top of the wicking material? Rather than the norm or coiling around a wicking material? Surely this would provide much less surface area just the bottom of your coil vaporizing juice?

The coil just rests on top of the bed of cotton. It vaporises plenty :) The cotton sort of hugs the sides as well when it swells with juice, so the only uncovered area of the coil is the top surface.

Dr A

I'll deffo give it a try in my dripper but I can't imagine it yielding anything over than worse results as opposed to coiling around a wicking material, there's just more surface area touching coil

Back
Top Bottom