What's new

Money to burn on a nice rta - some input?

I've got to say, as much love as the dvarw gets it DOES seem like the lite in different clothes, and clothes with more steps to rewick and more faff to find the right airflow. I'm sure it's a great atty, and no doubt I'll try one in the future (I think I'll wait and see what the new designs are like) but for now I think I've settled on the prime. The cog looks REALLY interesting though! The airflow adjustment seems very cool and hopefully it's not just a gimmick. I didn't like the hellvape MD at all, and that had a "novel" airflow system... This one seems a lot more practical though.
I've high hopes for the cog.
wotofo and smm have always performed well in the past, even if not to my taste.
the issue with propper mtl tanks has always been about the airflow under the coil.
Previously they've set a 1.6-2.5 ml airflow under the coil and used the airflow control to restrict the airflow and this never works well. The hole under the coil needs to be the right size for the user.
Probably why i like the hastur mini.

I've high hopes for the cog.
wotofo and smm have always performed well in the past, even if not to my taste.
the issue with propper mtl tanks has always been about the airflow under the coil.
Previously they've set a 1.6-2.5 ml airflow under the coil and used the airflow control to restrict the airflow and this never works well. The hole under the coil needs to be the right size for the user.
Probably why i like the hastur mini.

Yeah - it's ALL about that final bottleneck before the coil. That's why the MD was bad, the ares was bad, and so on. Interestingly I find my favourite rtas have a slightly larger hole under the coil than the airflow I select - e.g. the kflite with the xs centerpin wasn't as nice for me as the stock pin, even though I dial it down tighter than the max draw on the xs pin. I don't really understand why, but for some reason that's just how it works... Same with the Hastur - I like the stock 2-hole positive post, but the smallest airflow hole on the outside.

@rew I think I might need some education on coil placement and wick thickness on the Glaz mini because, in the main, I've been quite disappointed with it, lacking flavour and by god does it ever dump liquid in my gob.

Not doing anything special with it. Will get back to you later today as I'm rushing off early this morning.

Yeah - it's ALL about that final bottleneck before the coil. That's why the MD was bad, the ares was bad, and so on. Interestingly I find my favourite rtas have a slightly larger hole under the coil than the airflow I select - e.g. the kflite with the xs centerpin wasn't as nice for me as the stock pin, even though I dial it down tighter than the max draw on the xs pin. I don't really understand why, but for some reason that's just how it works... Same with the Hastur - I like the stock 2-hole positive post, but the smallest airflow hole on the outside.
I think I !mentioned before that the new aires tank has a similarly adjustable under coil airflow design. Kind of like a camera focus style system.

I think I !mentioned before that the new aires tank has a similarly adjustable under coil airflow design. Kind of like a camera focus style system.

Oh cool - I didn't even know there was a new ares. That sounds like a pretty cool design - like an iris? Do you have a link to some info on it?

QP DESIGN GATA MTL / DTL RTA
just been looking not a lot of 24mm MTL RTA out there
Capture.JPG

The gata is a cracking atty which I highly recommend. It is very short so you would need to check if it will work with your side by side mod.

If you using LP v2 not gonna like the Prime, it's airier.

Back
Top Bottom