What's new

My XTAR Rocket

MHL

Veteran
It's bloody brilliant. I've had it since I started vaping almost... so about 7 years I think. Its really been through the mill, but it just keeps on going. It sees a couple of sets of batteries through it most days. And its not in the best position so I end up leaning over and jamming batteries in against the sliding neg contact. Worse when pissed or tired. It's been dropped quite a few times over the years.

But everything still works like new, there doesn't seem to be any wear on it at all! Its pretty impressive. And it can do both at 2A. And it was only 20 quid.

20231026_001510.jpg

I've had one for years too, it's great little charger.

Attachments

• IMG20231026120611[1].jpg
    IMG20231026120611[1].jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 35
It`s good to hear something positive about an indispensible piece of kit that usually gets a slagging.

Last edited:
I've got an old non digital display xtar charger, and that has been faultless too.
Must be at least 8 years old.

I'm still using my original Nitecore D2 daily too. Never bought anything else. gotta be over 5 years old.

It`s good to hear something positive about an indispensible piece of kit that usually gets a slagging.

I'm pretty convinced it's mainly down to luck, they are all made pretty cheaply.. sometimes you get one that will just keep going for years. Others seem to have nothing but problems with them.

That's partly why I'm still using the same one. I know it's good.

My MiBoxer Charger is almost 4 years old and has been used multiple times everyday since i got it. I bought an Xtar VC4 about 18 Months ago so i wasn't over using it, but it still gets heavy use.

I have a few 2 bay Xtar chargers that I have been using for a few years with no issues at all, although I mostly use a 4 bay Gyrfalcon which is still going strong with 4 years of abuse so far.
Pretty sure I still have a couple of Nitecore charger packed away somewhere as well lol

I have a dual battery Efest Soda that is years old, it is in daily use. I got it because it was the only I could find that would charge from the mains and 12V dc, for when I am in my camper van. It charges at 0.5 and 1.0 amp, I always use it at 0.5 amp.

Back
Top Bottom