What's new

Nautilus 3 coils not lasting long

Hello,
They are 0.7 mesh, and I am using 50/50 ratio juice
After just a few puffs I get that burnt sort of taste, yet when I look at the coil it’s not looking burnt at all, max I have used is 18 watts

I vaped the 0.7 coil at 14.5watt and it lasted near enough 2 weeks. BTW I get my nautilus coils from vape shop.

Last edited:
you can also get duff coils in a box. worst ever for me was 1.8 and 4 were naff and burnt out within an hour. more boxes bought and all were fine.

Hello,
I have bought a nautilus 3, I like it but find the coils are not lasting very long
I wet the coil with juice, then put in tank and fill and leave it for about an hour
I then shut down air and suck without firing, after which I start of on 5 watts, the increase by 1 watt at a time till I reach the recommended 18 wats for the coil, I am very disappointed
Can anyone give me advice please

Ok, firstly a tiny bit of cotton doesn't take an hour to soak up some 50/50 liquid, so you are just wasting your time. Soak the cotton fully with liquid (not just a drop or two) before you put it in the tank, that way you'll know it's soaked and you won't have to wait at all.

if you are actually burning the cotton (take a coil apart and look) then I expect you are just taking too many puffs too quickly and you are 'out running' how quickly the coil can absorb new liquid that you are removing from it. So try leaving a little longer between puffs, also how high you can have the wattage up might depend on how much airflow you have going through the coil, a lot of airflow will cool the coil as it passes through it.

If the cotton isn't actually burnt (scorch marks in the cotton won't wash out) and it's just filthy gunk on the wire that's 'tasting burnt' then it's the liquid.

It's not my regular Nautilus coil but I have used the 0.7ohm Kanthal with NETs in the 3 and not had a problem with it. NETs gunk coils and I wouldn't expect to get more than 4 days out one I'm using all the time before the flavour drops off. I just prime Nautilus coils with a few drops, pop it in, leave for 5 mins or so and vape. I've found if you put too much juice in when priming you can flood them.

Ive had problems with 7 nautilus coils not lasting long enough,got fed up with them in the end and hardly use my gt tank now .

I have used them coils in the Artery ak47s and the Nautilus 2. I find anything above 16 watts and they burn out too quickly. I get about 3 months from 1 coil but it's not my regular choice. Only use for the odd few puffs before I sleep

I buy from eBay, looks genuine but I suppose fakes can look that anyway, many thanks I will look at the site you recommended
Eeeeewwwwwwww Fleabay OEM coils.:vom:
Don’t, just don’t. Spend a few pence more and buy from a reputable trader.

Back
Top Bottom