What's new

Need a good build

skc1989

Postman
Hi guys and girls,
I am looking for the best build for my ipv2 50w boxmod. I am running it with a doge Rda and would love some advice on the best coil for this based on experience. I have been testing numerous coils and my most recent is a twisted single coil wrapped 10times round a 2.5 mm drill bit. It was done with 25.5g kanthal and chaddo cotton,
Here is a pic. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413929785.151716.jpg

Any advice on new coils to try whilst I have some time tonight really would be appreciated. Thanks people

Best advice is to build up a selection of kanthal diameters and also a couple of flat types. Then just have a play winding/twisting and wrapping coils until you find 1 you especially like vaping on. That's the ideal size for you.

Yeah I guess you are probably right chegs, only problem is I only have 25.5 g kanthal at the moment and wanna build something nice tonight. Will get different gauge this weekend and then that's when it gets more fun haha. Am I right in thinking that I wanna run this box at around 1ohm ish or should I sub ohm it. I heard somewhere you get more from the box at around 1 ohm but it's hard to get there with dual coil without making them massive lol

Last edited by a moderator:
1 ohm at 50 watts will be quite efficient at vapour production. I've been vaping at 110 watts recently, but over the weekend chucked a couple of 3 ohm coils in my atty, which I was expecting to need to rebuild once I had more time but instead, I'm still chucking huge clouds of even more tasty COOLER vapour than any of the sub ohm/110 watts builds ever did and I'm now running about 50 watt approx.

Ok bro. Thanks for the help. Defo think I'm gonna have to get lower resistance wire as this stuff takes 20 wraps to get me to 1ohm lol. May have another shot and see what I can do though haha

Have built it but am going to have to wait to test it because my battery ran out lol. Devastated hahaha. Will let you know how it goes lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out it's quite decent but still not the best I've had. I'm getting the problem where everything tastes a little burned on my last few builds so don't think my wicking is up to scratch. This doesn't taste anywhere near as bad, can actually taste the flavour of the juice again. Any more input from anyone on these builds would be appreciated though, anyone with an ipv2 post pics of your build lol

Back
Top Bottom