What's new

New MTL-help

I'd try a simple spaced coil at around 1ohm, minimal cotton at about 12ish watts.

OK, I’ve got a 0.7 ish coil, that’s all they had, I’m running it at 22w and it tastes of nothing but cotton, 50/50 juice.

I’ll rewick with less cotton to see what happens, otherwise it’s going to be up for donation.

OK, I’ve got a 0.7 ish coil, that’s all they had, I’m running it at 22w and it tastes of nothing but cotton, 50/50 juice.

Why do you have the wattage up so high?

I am running some Nic salts in the one I have with the 0.44 ohm SS coil with maybe 60/40 VG/PG. Above 14 Watts and the flavour begins to decrease, 11 Watts is working good for me. Lower your wattage, just because you are sub ohming you don't have to chuck 20+ Watts at it.

Fruit flavours don't work that well in MTL devices, and you have to keep in mind that you have a very small, condensed chamber/chimney with little airflow. 22 watt is pretty high for MTL, most people go with 10-15. I currently run a 0.64 MTL fused clapton from coilology in my Prime, at 13.5 watts, and i already feel like it might be a tad too much.

Other than that, and that's without attacking you - but it's one of the most used MTL tanks out there, with the majority being happy. I feel like it's a bit far fetched to argue that they all don't know what they're talking about. The Berserker absolutely has flaws (threading of the top cap, forcing it to leak if you don't use nautilus 2 techniques for example) - not giving any flavour isn't one of them though.

It's, next to the Siren 2, the most used MTL RTA out there (at least at the time when the Arse came out). At the time i was in the biggest MTL vaper facebook group, and of course you had people with trouble - leaking (due to topcap - that's an objective flaw in the design) was the biggest one, and airflow being too restrictive even fully open. I'm not gonna argue that it isn't finnicky to build right (mainly because i haven't build it yet - but i did in fact buy it just two weeks ago, hasn't arrived yet), but most MTL tanks are because decks are always minuscule.

At the time i had the Siren 2, and i absolutely despise it. I just could not get it to work for me. I'm not gonna argue that it's a shit tank though: many people like it, the same way many people had the same problems as me. I gave mine away to a friend in germany who wanted to give MTL a shot. Hell, there were people who had trouble getting flavour out of the Prime - and i just throw some kind of resistance at it, with "some amount" of cotton and it beats most stuff straight away. In this case, if even half the owners get good flavour out of it, you saying "the bad reports etc" is implying that every single one of those who don't have a problem with it either don't know what they're talking about, or are lying. I personally don't think that's cool.

Why do you have the wattage up so high?

I am running some Nic salts in the one I have with the 0.44 ohm SS coil with maybe 60/40 VG/PG. Above 14 Watts and the flavour begins to decrease, 11 Watts is working good for me. Lower your wattage, just because you are sub ohming you don't have to chuck 20+ Watts at it.

Cool thanks, it was advice, I don’t know how to use it, I’ll give it a go now.

It's, next to the Siren 2, the most used MTL RTA out there (at least at the time when the Arse came out). At the time i was in the biggest MTL vaper facebook group, and of course you had people with trouble - leaking (due to topcap - that's an objective flaw in the design) was the biggest one, and airflow being too restrictive even fully open. I'm not gonna argue that it isn't finnicky to build right (mainly because i haven't build it yet - but i did in fact buy it just two weeks ago, hasn't arrived yet), but most MTL tanks are because decks are always minuscule.

At the time i had the Siren 2, and i absolutely despise it. I just could not get it to work for me. I'm not gonna argue that it's a shit tank though: many people like it, the same way many people had the same problems as me. I gave mine away to a friend in germany who wanted to give MTL a shot. Hell, there were people who had trouble getting flavour out of the Prime - and i just throw some kind of resistance at it, with "some amount" of cotton and it beats most stuff straight away. In this case, if even half the owners get good flavour out of it, you saying "the bad reports etc" is implying that every single one of those who don't have a problem with it either don't know what they're talking about, or are lying. I personally don't think that's cool.

A few people here thought it was rubbish.

I didn't like it ..... all I got was massive throat hit from it, the sweet nectar flavour wasn't there for me either, everything tasted a bit harsh.

... and this...

Fruit flavours don't work that well in MTL devices

El Diablo in a corolla says otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom