What's new

New Sqonk mod.

What’s actually up with the single ?
Rather weird goings on. It sometimes seems to lose power for no reason giving a cold vape and not much vapour. It's not the batteries because they're relatively new molicell. If I remove the battery and rub the contacts with my finger it then seems to work but there's no juice or anything on the battery terminals so not sure what's going on.
The door also doesn't close properly now. I assume wear in the catch but I can live with that.

Read that you’ve just purchased a Mod, but I have a Topside in Gunmetal somewhere if you were interested? I’d have to dig it out to get a photo of it. Wouldn’t have a clue about price though as nowhere seem to have them anymore. Send me a PM if it’s of any interest.
Sorted now thanks mate. New mod coming today.
I've got a second topside actually but it leaks slightly probably from the cross pipe. I've just never got round to taking it apart to see.

Rather weird goings on. It sometimes seems to lose power for no reason giving a cold vape and not much vapour. It's not the batteries because they're relatively new molicell. If I remove the battery and rub the contacts with my finger it then seems to work but there's no juice or anything on the battery terminals so not sure what's going on.
The door also doesn't close properly now. I assume wear in the catch but I can live with that.
I don’t have any spare pcbs but I do have a door and it could also be a dry joint.

I can’t remember off the top of my head but a door I think is £6 plus whatever postage.

It might be worth buying a door.

If the door doesn’t fix it then you could either send it to me to try soldering any dry joints or send it to me and get a Dovpo recycling discount.

Send me an email

[email protected]

I don’t have any spare pcbs but I do have a door and it could also be a dry joint.

I can’t remember off the top of my head but a door I think is £6 plus whatever postage.

It might be worth buying a door.

If the door doesn’t fix it then you could either send it to me to try soldering any dry joints or send it to me and get a Dovpo recycling discount.

Send me an email

[email protected]
Do you think the gap with the door dropping could be making it have a poor contact then ?
20230301_074804.jpeg

It’s certainly possible because the brass contacts on the door create a circuit.
Interesting... I've got a spare mod that leaks so I could swap the door's and if that works then maybe I could buy another door and maybe send the spare to you to sort the leaking problem. [emoji106]

I have this trouble with my topside, I just clean the contacts on the door with isopropyl alcohol and its fine for another few months.

I have this trouble with my topside, I just clean the contacts on the door with isopropyl alcohol and its fine for another few months.
So what you're saying is I've just spent £50 on a new mod and I needn't have bothered [emoji23]

So what you're saying is I've just spent £50 on a new mod and I needn't have bothered [emoji23]
lol

Not really though, the door on mine is so loose the battery keeps flying out, so I expect yours will do that soon as well if the contacts are going.

Back
Top Bottom