What's new

New to nic salts

est1980

Postman
Can anyone explain nic salts to me in noob terms please?

I'm old school, up until recently I've just added 72mg nicotine to my ejuice to get where I want to be

That ran out and I moved onto nic shots of 18mg

I know nic salt has been around a while but I've never needed it so never really looked into it just seen it mentioned alot

How much do I need for say 500ml of ejuice to bring it to around 6mg? The same amount as I'd use of nic shots?

And where would be a good place to buy my nic salts?

Thankyou

Can anyone explain nic salts to me in noob terms please?

I'm old school, up until recently I've just added 72mg nicotine to my ejuice to get where I want to be

That ran out and I moved onto nic shots of 18mg

I know nic salt has been around a while but I've never needed it so never really looked into it just seen it mentioned alot

How much do I need for say 500ml of ejuice to bring it to around 6mg? The same amount as I'd use of nic shots?

And where would be a good place to buy my nic salts?

Thankyou
Sorry man that went ABIT wrong lol. I know if I add four nic salts to 210ml I get 3mg of 250ml juice. So 500ml I would assume 160ml of nic salts would make 6mg total, but don't hold me to that lol.

Nic salts are basically just freebase nicotine with an acid added to it to make it less alkaline. It’s usually benzoic acid, but not exclusively. By making the nicotine less alkaline, it is less of an irritant to the throat, iow it gives less throat hit. Therefore, you can vape higher nicotine doses in smaller devices, 20mg f ex., which would be painful with freebase nicotine. It also enters the bloodstream quicker, leading to many vapers disliking them :22:

However, there is no difference in nicotine strength! Your diy mixture should follow the same principles using freebase or salts. Use a mixing calculator and you won’t go wrong. Here’s the simple one I use, but there’s many others:
https://www.diy-vape-recipes.com/calculator

One last thing: nic salts do not steep very well as they have less of a chemical reaction. I always use a 50/50 blend of nic salts and freebase to alleviate this problem, while still reducing my throat hit ;)

Back
Top Bottom