What's new

New to rta

That's how I wicked it. I bent the coil over coz I was convinced it was dripping through the airvent.
Youve got 9 wraps on that coil and only 4 of them are heating up.
I'm going to say you probably need to put a little more power through it but it would also help if i knew what the wire material was and what guage it is.

It's ni80. I can't burn it too long as my chest is terrible. So maybe only 3 to 4 second bursts. I'm running it at 17 watts

It's 26 gauge. I've bought some 27 gauge ni80 but not used that yet.

Spitting and popping is usually unvapourized juice so it's either not enough power or cotton isnt tight enough in the coil.

26g ni80?
What resistance is it reading?

Youve got 9 wraps on that coil and only 4 of them are heating up.
I'm going to say you probably need to put a little more power through it but it would also help if i knew what the wire material was and what guage it is.

i don’t think that’s right. coils often look like that when they’ve not had much use. it heats from the middle out so on average the inner wraps will heat for longer and also get hotter. this is just a natural characteristic of using electricity to heat wire.

i think strawb is right, not enough cotton. if i look closely at the picture it looks like you can see through the coil at the bottom, as though the cotton isn’t filling out the coil.

i don’t think that’s right. coils often look like that when they’ve not had much use. it heats from the middle out so on average the inner wraps will heat for longer and also get hotter. this is just a natural characteristic of using electricity to heat wire.
NI 80 turns bluey once its been heated.
The outer wraps have clearly not been heated.
My coils heat all of the wraps not just the middle.

NI 80 turns bluey once its been heated.
The outer wraps have clearly not been heated.
My coils heat all of the wraps not just the middle.

hmm maybe, i always use the stainless wire so wouldn’t know how long the ni80 takes to change colour. but, although your coil heats all the wraps, it heats the middle ones more than the outside ones.

Btw the coil has been in a day and a half had 2 2ml juice through so only a newish coil. It was the one that came in box. Thanks everyone for trying to help.

i think you should try rewicking the coil, and put a bit more cotton. you want it to be quite tight when you pull it through, enough so there is a bit of resistance.

Back
Top Bottom