What's new

Newb RTA Blotto, Wasp, Gear, Destiny or ??

Really though, I bet if you did the Pepsi Challenge with bottom vs top airflow tanks (using the same coil, wattage, liquid etc) you'd barely notice any difference in flavour. Some top af tanks are shit, and some bottom af are great, and vise versa.

Really though, I bet if you did the Pepsi Challenge with bottom vs top airflow tanks (using the same coil, wattage, liquid etc) you'd barely notice any difference in flavour. Some top af tanks are shit, and some bottom af are great, and vise versa.
You're certainly right. Good tanks have gone a long way since early sub-ohms.

Back to the original topic, Ive had the destiny for 3 days now, quality seems a little cheap but it works great. It's closer to what I wanted. Nice loose draw without being airy.

It makes a more vapor than I want and gets the juice gets too warm. I tried switching to a small mtl coil, less heat and vapor, but too much air gets past. I think the side air post was a bad idea for me. I'm using a long drip tip which helps but wastes juice and probably adding heat.

Destiny would've been perfect if the air flow was at the bottom or the posts were closer together, got to keep looking; I want a redular Intake (not so easy to find), Gear (probably identical to the destiny), Kelpie (never seen it anywhere) , Fresia (supposed to be a loose mtl, idk)

I was flip flopping but decided against a mess, one set of wire for everything is simpler (24,26,28,30g kanthal, can make everythin else from that).

Last edited:
Out of all your choices, the Gear RTA produces the best flavor hands down. A 4mm coil inside the Gear vs a 4mm inside the Blotto and the Gear has significantly better flavor using the same coil. It does not leak, it's very easy to wick although I recommend using the dam method for a really saturated vape. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of all your choices, the Gear RTA produces the best flavor hands down. A 4mm coil inside the Gear vs a 4mm inside the Blotto and the Gear has significantly better flavor using the same coil. It does not leak, it's very easy to wick although I recommend using the dam method for a really saturated vape. Enjoy!

Been using the Destiny, now I know DL RTAs have a much bigger bell-chamber, For my style of vaping (loose but slow vape stream), the extra air in the chamber makes draw too thin and big.

I think the gear being shorter would be a little better, but probably not very different.

I've got a Wasp nano on order, but otherwise am scrambling for a new list.

I have both and are in my regular rotation. To be honest as far as performance goes, I can't knock either of them, they are both superb. There is certainly no sacrifice on flavour with the Kylin Mini II being top airflow and I’ve had no issues with either of them flooding. The Kylin Mini II does have an issue with the straight glass which restricts the air getting back into the tank, but I’m running both with bubble glasses anyway so no issue for me. Surprisingly the Kylin Mini II has a slightly smother airflow than the Destiny. It would be difficult to choose between the two if I was to buy another, which one would I go for? I honestly don’t know.
So, ive recently made a sort of discovery about the kylins. If u keep the top part full it helps tremendously with the flat glass problem.

Also, much against popular opinion, i find that wixking it all the way down so the cotton is visible in the side air holes seems to help improve the capillary action of the juice thru the thin gap.

(Or u could use the bubble glass, but for those of us who refuse to...)

Last edited:
If you get it spot on when you trim the wick, when you bend the wick down into the channel youll find the back of the wick is slightly longer than the front, the long back can go all the way to the bottom, with the front a little short, in my opinion, i've found this way wicks the best, allowing the juice to enter the end of the wick rather than the side.

If you get it spot on when you trim the wick, when you bend the wick down into the channel youll find the back of the wick is slightly longer than the front, the long back can go all the way to the bottom, with the front a little short, in my opinion, i've found this way wicks the best, allowing the juice to enter the end of the wick rather than the side.
As long as their isnt a chance for the juice to wick into the cotton before the juice in that cap can refill the hole creating a temporary air gap it seems to work best.

Still havent figured why my matte black one works better that my gunmetal one, i got a stainless steel one on the way too, maybe there is something about the rougher paint finish. (Which is only on the outside i think, lol)

@scrumpox i was told to ask u, should i just buy the new aromizer supreme and be done with it?

Last edited:
Is the destiny picky about wicking w/o leaking? From my original list, it has all the features I prefer, but also has a lot more complaints about leaking.
Not at all. It's been the least fussy of any tank Ive used.

Mine did leak a lot at first from the base of the glass, the hole rta (cap,bell,deck,base) screw together really tightly, the So when you adjust the airflow or twisting the top off to refill it can turn just enough to loosen to tank or over tighten and squish the o-ring both causes juice to seep out... slow enough that it would pool around the intake, make it seem like a wicking issue.

It was screwed together incredibly tight from the mfr, could have deformed the orings from the start.

Back
Top Bottom