What's new

Newsflash: Another public meeting - on ecigs!

Just like to say a personal thank you Doodlebug as you say this is ludicrous, but I do agree we need tighter rules / regs for Vendors,

Rules tightened & laws followed as some basic ones are not being met by some,

Do you know if this will be televised (parliament channel) & if so what time is the meeting scheduled ?

It's scheduled for 4-5pm, and I don't know if there are plans to televise.

Need to do some more thinking and consulting with both members of ECITA, other vendors (possibly) and 'ordinary' vapers (possibly) - not that I consider any of you 'ordinary', but I mean non-vendor vapers, which looks clumsy! ;) - to see whether it will be possible to bring more voices to be heard, but I'm not really sure yet.

I'll certainly keep you all posted.

Thank you all again for your support - while I continue being stubbornly selfish! :P ;)

Cheers,

Katherine

I find it very alarming when people start talking about trying to get hold of sources of illegal nicotine, in dangerous strengths, when they clearly don't understand the risks.

Katherine, I respect and admire you for trying to get the 'authorities' to listen and understand and I can also understand your concerns about sourcing nic illegally. But that said, if I felt the only options I had were to go back to smoking 40-50 fags a day or take a chance on a dodgy source, I'd take the chance on the dodgy source and possibly risk my health and break the law.

Whilst I don't consider myself an expert by any means, I do know the difference between a 50% nic suspension and 50mg per ml and if I were forced into sourcing illegal supplies I'd take as many precautions as I possibly could.

Whilst I have the cynical viewpoint that this has already been sewn up with dodgy deals between the 'powers that be' and big pharma and I don't want to involve myself personally with what I see as ultimately futile (although noble and praiseworthy) protests, feel free to let this Mr Bates know that there are folk like me out there that would take the risks rather than go back to smoking if you think it'll help.

Oh, and by the way.... please don't think I'm trying to have a dig..I'm not. I respect and admire the efforts that yourself, Tom and many others within the community are making.

Best of luck. ;)

Hi, Steffi,

Thanks for your post. I am sure that the experienced vapers know precisely what they are doing, and would not be at any particularly alarming risk if they sourced nic illegally. Frankly, I would probably have to myself. What I am more concerned about in this context is 'new' vapers, and all the smokers in the future who haven't yet discovered vaping. Some of the comments you see posted on the fora from newbies give an indication that at least some of them really do NOT understand the risks, and it is those for whom I am worried.

Ultimately, I believe we will still have vaping - more or less as we now know it - legally in the future. If we have to take it to law, then so be it, but I do believe that vaping is here to stay.

Take care,

Katherine

Back
Top Bottom