What's new

NI80/SS316 or Kanthal?? Or something else?

30deadcats

Postman
Which wire do you find best for flavour? Don't know if my taste buds are compromised or if I'm abnormal but I find NI80 wire to be better than Kanthal or SS316 when it comes to flavour. I don't use TC so have no concept of that but SS316 is really bad in my opinion when it comes to flavour. Kanthal is OK but NI80 just seems to really enhance the flavours for me. What's your opinion?

NI80 doesn't agree with me
Kanthal has it's own wee flavour going on until you can used to it
So it's SS316 for the win for me, clean n crisp flavours across the board.

I bought myself some plain SS316 wire to try out TC but I found it seemed to have a bad effect on the flavour and tasted much more unpleasant compared to Ni80. I also found even using my Odin DNA250c mods the temp control was much to inconsistent so I now stick to using Ni80 in wattage mode. I can't comment on Kanthal as I've never tried it in an RBA and now that I feel I've got my setup perfected I'm done with trying to mess around any further with it.

I mainly vape fruit flavours and mainly use Ni80. Occasionally I'll use SS316 as it seems to give a hint of a cooling affect without resorting to vaping brain freezing crap like 'ice' flavours, but overall Ni80 is my go to wire.

I don't like Kanthal much - it seems to complement bakery type juices but I seldom vape them.

Ni80 and Ni90 are the best for my vaping. I do wrap 316 and A1 now and again as I've got spools of it to use up.

Ni80 seems to ramp up a bit quicker than kanthal. I think that does seem to have a positive effect on flavour for me.

kanthal and ni80 taste horrid to me. kanthal seems less bad in mesh stock coils but i can still taste it. so stainless it is for me.

Ni80 is best for me because SS gives me a metallic taste and I don’t use temperature control. Kanthal is just mediocre and I stopped using it once I tried Ni80. I vape at around the 50 watt mark give or take and like my coils at around 0.25 ohms and Ni80 does it all very nicely giving me the best flavour overall.

Back
Top Bottom