What's new

Nichrome ohm jump

zigg

So I salvaged some wire out of a old hair dryer, I'm pretty sure it's nichrome 80 and I built a single strand coil and put it in my tsunami rda running on my joy tech evic vtc min and it initially read .34ohms but then when I fired it it jumped to .38 ohms and fluctuated slightly. I cleaned all the connections, took part and cleaned my entire rda and tightened everything up and it stil jumps and fluctuates but it doesn't when I put my main kanthal build in, is jumping and fluctuations normal for Nichrome

Wire from a hair dryer? Are you joking? Is this some vape slang i have yet to come across?

Jesus Christ mate, that could be dangerous using wire that you don't know what it is.

I wouldn't worry at a jump of 0.04 on confirmed n80, if you're desperate I'll send a bit of 24g n80

avZ3Z0d_700b.jpg

Unless you are, or know, a Metallurgist or an assayist....

Is this some sort of joke?

For everyone's sake, please don't use a mech mod. ever.

Get some proper resistance wire that is suitable for the job.

When using wire from a hair dryer I like to use solder to fix the coil in place and stop the ohms jumping around.
Depending on the quality of solder you might need to add an extra layer of super glue from the pound shop.
They do good liquids at the pound shop my favorite is wd40 flavour and it even comes in a pressurised spray can. It certainly does not junk up the coils and I'm sure it preserves the orings just fine.
Also in the pound shop (99p stores are available) they do some nice AA batteries I wire those up in series using wrigleys chewing gum wrapper and connect it straight to my RDA.

Please let us all know any other life hacks for vaping as we all love to save a few pounds here and there!

Saftey note: you would do good to totally disregard anything I have just said. :18:

When using wire from a hair dryer I like to use solder to fix the coil in place and stop the ohms jumping around.
Depending on the quality of solder you might need to add an extra layer of super glue from the pound shop.
They do good liquids at the pound shop my favorite is wd40 flavour and it even comes in a pressurised spray can. It certainly does not junk up the coils and I'm sure it preserves the orings just fine.
Also in the pound shop (99p stores are available) they do some nice AA batteries I wire those up in series using wrigleys chewing gum wrapper and connect it straight to my RDA.

Please let us all know any other life hacks for vaping as we all love to save a few pounds here and there!

Saftey note: you would do good to totally disregard anything I have just said. :18:
Shopping list made! Off to poundland i go, thanks for the advice.

Well everything I've read points to hairdryers using cr20ni80 for the heating element so you at least probably aren't going to lose a limb but congratulations on being the biggest pikey ever :D
e1084a66fcd0b204c6ed7599be4709515318835c7c0cc4fd.jpg

Necessity is the mother of invention but it's also the wicked step mother of fuck ups. Plus I wouldn't call wanting to try temp control a necessity :D

frank.jpg
ooohhhh Betty, I think I know what happened to your hairdryer...

Back
Top Bottom